What's new

Door plate?

allison86

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2015
Messages
342
Reaction score
181
Golden Thread
0
Location
kent wa
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter/ garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dug this up the other day I am guessing that is a skeleton key hole 20160612_181325.webp
 
Upvote 12
I dug one similar to it one time.
 
The key holes that I usually see are brass.

That hole looks like a notch that would be used to hang or attach something.
 

Attachments

  • untitled.webp
    untitled.webp
    2.2 KB · Views: 165
Certainly looks like an escutcheon, but I think it's off a steamer trunk or something like that.
 
My first impression is that the hole appears to be a little too large for a skeleton key hole. Of course, it could have just been a huge lock!
 
My guess would be that it is part of a removable shelf from an old cast iron stove.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom