How about the other Alabama guys on this post any interested in hunting the beaches, Pensacola or maybe Orange beach AL. Should we plan a group hunt.
I have been hunting for over 20 years, my favorite hunting is out in the shallow water at good swimming beaches.
In the water I use the whites PI, I am also looking to upgrade to a new machine, maybe a PI Pro or there is talk of whites putting out a new water machine soon. I use a whites Eagle Spectrum for land hunting (dry sand or old sites)
I have been playing with the programs hoping to have one that will go deeper at the beach and still knock out bottle caps.
Old Red how much experience do you have? 165 miles seems like a long ride, but that is up to you. The beach I hunt here the most seem to have a lot of people there during the main beach season, may thru Sept. There always seem to be a few other people there detecting. last year I only got out about 15 times. most time I dug $5 to $10 in clad.
I dug 5 gold items and 5 silver. The beach had a lot of sand pumped up to rebuild after the hurricanes wiped them out. I also plan to check out some of the other beaches this year to make sure I am hitting the best ones.
I any of you guys really want to go, I can post when I am going on here and plan something. I am retired right now, thinking about going back to work, but maybe not until after summer.