Dothan?

Old Tom

Aug 4, 2006
Milton, Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI, Eagle Spectrum, Fisher 1235-X, 1280-X
MichaelB
I am hoping to get over to Gulf Shores or Orange beach this week. Pensacola Beach has not been to good yet this year. Trying to get some hunting in before I take off for Alaska later this month be gone a few weeks

Have you been doing any good?

OP
OP
F

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Old Tom if the beaches in Pensacola aren't producing yet, I doubt if Okaloosa Island is either. I was hoping to get back to surf hunting soon. I just finished putting in an above ground pool at our house and it just exhausted me and I am still recovering. Perhaps we and some of the other hunters here on this board could get together and hunt here, there or somewhere in between?

czndvet

Oct 17, 2007
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 5, old Fisher 1260x
Looks like there are a lot of MDers, they just don't visit the forums very often.
I live near Montgomery and used to visit in Destin in the fall and winter months and hunt the beaches. I never had much luck, a little change once in a while but nothing glittery.
I enjoy hunting old school yards, church grounds and home sites. Camp Grandview just north of Montgomery was very productive once upon a time, but the housing boom used up much of the ground I wanted to hunt on, and so many people have moved into that area that the camp is busy almost year 'round.

MichaelB

Aug 13, 2005
Mobile Bay, Alabama
Just remember Gulf Shores and Fort Morgan has tons of little pieces of AL siding and other metal from major hurricanes. I have had more luck on the sound side.

zzt

Jul 17, 2006
Dothan, AL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Been working Dothan sites for about a year with very little success. No old finds.

To find the owners of any land parcel in Houston County (Dothan) go to "www.houstoncounty.org" and then go into the Revenue Commissioner link...site has maps, satelite views, lists everything!

Good luck.

Z

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread