Double Silver Day with Wash Jr

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey all!

My brother and I got out today to do some hunting. Our buddy Echoplex had shot some ideas our way so we started with those. He’s been to busy to get out recently which is unfortunate, but like every true detectorist at heart, he always has his eye out, even when he can’t take advantage.

I beat my brother to the first spot today and after about 30 minutes had a wheat and pocket full of junk to show. Then, right as I see my brother’s car pull up I get the perfect silver signal. 12.47/12.48 at 5 inches and tight. I’m hoping that it’s going to be a half but was still pumped to see silver in the hole. A Washington quarter!

And not just any Washington but a date I haven’t found yet, 1936-D. Turns out it’s one of the rarer dates in the series. Score!

That site didn’t produce anything more and neither did the next several we tried. We finally got on a site at the end of our outing that was turning up a few wheats. We were about to call it, my brother had already turned off his machine, and I decided to detect my way out. I told him I was only going to dig two more signals (he had to pee so he really wanted to leave haha). First was another copper memorial. The last one was a penny signal at 4 inches. I was surprised to see a silver rim, heck yes!

Turns out to be a worn down Merc, 1919. We stick around and a couple minutes later my brother pops a silver dime of his own. We worked that little patch hard and landed a small handful of wheats more before calling it a day.

All in all, a lot of fun and more good bonding time. I pulled down 10 wheats total (at 108 on the year already lol, sheesh). The old ones are 1919 and 1937-S.

45A3FF5E-4E18-412C-B2B8-9748B09EB7F0.jpg
9D445170-BA92-4AD4-A67D-80A4FDED4349.jpg
51F6DFCC-76D7-4F7A-94E5-AB6979D6F631.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Lastly, some random old lady got mad at us again today! My brother can sum it up better than I can but she basically said “I don’t want you digging here”. My brother was like “why, it’s public property?” She said “You’re making a mess!”. Now, we were literally detecting bare patches of dirt lol. Nothing much to screw up here and we always fill in our holes. So he responds, “a mess in the dirt?!?”. It was pretty comical.

She stomped off and peeled away in her Prius. Some people just have nothing better to do hahaha.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting all!
-W

Upvote 16

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! :occasion14:

Some people just get so pi—y on their own opinion about MD’ing. Even when you promise to fill in your holes and on public property. Just mad.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that’s a great hunts. Congrats on a silver kinda day!

grimysmurf

Greenie
Oct 21, 2010
Berkeley Springs , WV
Detector(s) used
Now . Equinox 800 , Fisher CZ6a
Past . AT Pro , Whites Coinmaster , Ace 250 , Bounty hunter pioneer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats why i use adult diapers while detecting . Not cutting a hunt short LOL

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool finds you guys really do great yanking all those silvers Keep em coming

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice coin shooting! :occasion14:

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Nice finds! :occasion14:

Some people just get so pi—y on their own opinion about MD’ing. Even when you promise to fill in your holes and on public property. Just mad.

Haha thanks. Yeah, people just get territorial. Part of being a human for some people I guess. "I've been coming here for years and never seen anyone do something like this!" Love it when someone says that haha. All the better for me.

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks Randy!

Wow that’s a great hunts. Congrats on a silver kinda day!

Thank you very much! It was a fun outing!

Thats why i use adult diapers while detecting . Not cutting a hunt short LOL

Lol. That is some real commitment.

Awesome silver!

Thank you!

Pretty cool finds you guys really do great yanking all those silvers Keep em coming

Heck yeah, thanks Tommy. Doing our best!!
Nice coin shooting! :occasion14:

Thank you PoE!

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job you dirt murderers, the Prius says it all

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't realize a Prius could "peel" :laughing7:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That's some nice shootin' ... Well done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread