What's new

Double Tap! Two Gold and a Silver, First Double Tap 2010

M-Taliesin

Full Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
181
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
Howdy Folks!
Got my first gold double-tap yesterday when I found a 10k gold ring followed
a bit later in the day with a 14k gold earring. Before those finds, I also nailed a
silver (925) necklace.

Got a smattering of coins and a couple of foreign ones as well.

At the second site I visited yesterday, I ran into a fairly large flock of geese
grazing on the soccer field. Got some great photos of them too.

My clad count was 67 coins for a total of $7.37 and a few other odd items.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
 

Attachments

  • 20100215_4.webp
    20100215_4.webp
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,295
  • 20100215_15.webp
    20100215_15.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,277
  • 20100215_17.webp
    20100215_17.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,284
  • 20100215_19.webp
    20100215_19.webp
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,291
  • 20100215_28.webp
    20100215_28.webp
    64 KB · Views: 1,268
  • 20100215_7.webp
    20100215_7.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,259
  • 20100215_22.webp
    20100215_22.webp
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,271
Upvote 0
More Piccys
 

Attachments

  • 20100215_28.webp
    20100215_28.webp
    64 KB · Views: 1,263
  • 20100215_29.webp
    20100215_29.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,245
  • 20100215_28.webp
    20100215_28.webp
    64 KB · Views: 1,253
  • 20100215_21.webp
    20100215_21.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,248
  • 20100215_13.webp
    20100215_13.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,246
Saweeet haul amigo :icon_thumleft: We are under 2 feet of snow in central Ohio. :'( Send us some sun :icon_sunny:

Ace Villa-v
 
Great hunting some bling and ching cool pictures :laughing9: RON
 
Gold and silver, a great day! :thumbsup: Congrats.

Cool pics. :headbang:
 
awesome finds!! I cant wait tio hit the ground again! only a few more weeks!!
 
Great gold and silver! HH
Pagosa Pete
 
What an outstanding hunt! Nice finds and great pics. Congratz!

BV
 
Looks cold there. The cold air must have cut into you like cold blades of steel
 
Nice finds, I'm actually amazed how clean all of that clad is. Did you clean it or did it come out of the ground that way?
 
Pagosa Pete said:
Great gold and silver! HH
Pagosa Pete

Howdy Pete!
Don't know about your part of the state, but we got snow on the ground again!
Oye... Can't wait for Spring!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
 
packfan_1982 said:
Nice finds, I'm actually amazed how clean all of that clad is. Did you clean it or did it come out of the ground that way?

Howdy Packfan!
Mostly, they aren't all that dirty!
My and my buds spend a good deal of time hunting tot lots with wood chip
surfaces. Mostly at schools and parks. And we hunt them on a rotation basis,
so it is common for us to hit a spot every few weeks or so. As a result, the
coins we find haven't been out in the environment very long. Add to that,
we are a semiarid state, so moisture is a bit less than most parts of the country.

When I get them home, my wife will rinse them down and then I photograph
my stuff to post.

Since they seldom have been in the chips (pun not intended) more than a few
weeks, they haven't time to corrode or get nasty.

Hope that answers your question.
Anytime you get to Colorado (and this goes for everybody), I'll be delighted to
have you come along on a hunt with us and see what small treasures we find
around these parts.

On a side note, I was astounded when passing through Kansas to find very
little at sites precisely similar to what we hunt in Colorado. That seems curious.
In April, I plan to go on a competition hunt in Oklahoma. Plan to hit sites along
the way and see what that turns up. Results we get in Colorado are very similar
in New Mexico. Same with Wyoming. Seems a bit odd that western states turn
up more clad and jewelry items than farther east. Don't quite understand that one!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
 
Twice is ALWAYS nice! Big congrats on your awesome day! :laughing7:

HH,
Moon
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom