Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After work today I went back to the wooded intown park I have been hunting. I stayed away from the thicker undergrowth area and made an effort to really concentrate on the well worn foot paths that cross through the woods . More pull tabs and junk and harder digging on the paths but more coins as well . I seemed to be in the zone today with the first decent find of the day being the 1909 Edward the VII silver 5 cents it's small but it rang loud and clear 4 inches down. One of two B & M ( Boston & Maine railroad ) Lead seals was the next keeper find another plain seal showed up later making three for the day . . Ended up with 3 Buffalo nickels as well, 1914, a 1920 , and a no date one. One Indian head penny 1885. Two wheat's a 1919 , and a 1948, One mercury dime 1944, and the Washinton quarter 1941, The small sterling M pin , and the Boy scout pin marked on the reverse Be Prepared BSOA patented 1911 . The heart shaped gold gilted bracelet pieces with the little sterling clasp piece Was an interesting find . I also found three rings as well. All junk but happy to find them just the same . a few other do dads ! Then on the same path I detected in on I got a hit on the way back out to the truck . Two Walker Half's in the same hole ! :laughing7: A 1936, and a 1933 s . I was astounded as to how I missed them on the way in :icon_scratch: Oh well nobody"s perfect. Thanks for looking ! MaineRelic

Attachments

• IMG_2200.JPG
    IMG_2200.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,042
  • IMG_2201.JPG
    IMG_2201.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 1,042
  • IMG_2202.JPG
    IMG_2202.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 1,038
  • IMG_2203.JPG
    IMG_2203.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,041
  • IMG_2204.JPG
    IMG_2204.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,034
  • IMG_2205.JPG
    IMG_2205.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,038
Upvote 0
:icon_thumright: great big silver catches there man! rock on. :headbang:

now that is a great hunt!!!!!!!! good job on the great finds M.R. i would be walking them paths more then twice if i was u :wink: MR TUFF

Nice bunch of recoveries, congrats :icon_thumright:

mfitzy111 said:
:icon_thumright: great big silver catches there man! rock on. :headbang:
Thanks mfitzy it feels good coming home with big silver :icon_sunny: MaineRelic
Mr Tuff said:
now that is a great hunt!!!!!!!! good job on the great finds M.R. i would be walking them paths more then twice if i was u :wink: MR TUFF
Thanks Tuff > Yes I may have to make a return trip to the paths :D :D MaineRelic
KyFreeBird said:
Thanks for the reply Freebird :icon_sunny: MaineRelic
Ben Tover said:
Nice bunch of recoveries, congrats :icon_thumright:
Thanks Ben :icon_sunny: MaineRelic

Wow! Those are some nice finds. Congrats on the walkers.
Dman

Now those are some beautiful finds MaineRelic! :hello2:

I'm guessing when you found those Walkers it left you speechless! :o

That's why a site is never really hunted out, because we all miss stuff! :laughing7:

Dave

That was one great afterwork hunt, even if you had spent all day.

Two halves in one hole...that must be a first ?

With that many keepers, I agree, a return is in order.

Yes, I imagine you did feel good on the trip home after that one.

Slap on the back man.

Rick

MR 8) you sure are getting some nice coins and relics , liberty silver this time of year is a good day :icon_sunny: :P Cool rat sign ... pests that reminds me of back in the day .... When I was a kid , knee high to a rodent , my granny would yell at me for letting flies into the house , she said , lil dawg >:( next time you let them digusting insects in the house you are gonna get an a$$ whoopin' , sure e nuff it happened again , she wacked the tar out of my be hind with a fly swaaater :-\ ..... but it didn't hurt and I hid that fly swaater from the old sea hag :tongue3: 8) Hope your having some summer good times :laughing7: dawg

holy @#%@ great hunt! super finds! congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Your post was my first read of the day...you have seriously depressed me! :D
Depression will change to motivation in a few se....ah, there we go...can't wait to get out there and hunt now! Thank you for the inspiration MR!

Very nice hunt... Looks like you had a lot of fun... Great finds.... Congratulations....

Your hard work and smart decisions paid off very well for the day, Congrats! If I'm lucky enough that would be about 3 months worth of finds for me, :notworthy: !!!

TommNJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back