Dowsing

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Folks,
I realize that this post doesn't seem to fit with most I've read here, but it is about dowsing.
As a kid growing up in the hills of Kentucky in the 1950's I often saw people come to my Granddad's house and ask him to go to their property and look for water, coal, lost items, just about anything.
Granddad would talk to them for a few minutes then go out in the grove of trees behind the house, cut a dowsing stick and go to that person's house. He could find water where no one else could. He could walk over a piece of ground holding a forked stick and predict how good the crops would be.
As far as I know Granddad never tried to find any treasure, he seemed to be doing it to help his neighbors.
I have no idea if his methods would work on gold, silver, or coins, but he's been dead for years and folks around that part of the state still talk about his findings.
Just for what it is worth, I've seen dowsing work and work well.
bare

Z

ZumbroKid

Welcome to the drowing section, we're glad your here I'm sure. I believe your post fits in nicely, after all you witnessed and know of others who still remember. It is nice a person would do all those kind acts for others.

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
Your granddad is a true dowser. He used a true dowsing tool. It does not work mystically but scientifically.
This is the method that was passed through generation.

Angel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread