What's new

Dragoon Button , Hat Pin & few more Relics

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
1,726
Reaction score
455
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dragoon Button , Hat Pin & few more Relics

I got out for some detecting Today after work. It rained most of the morning and the weather was good for some Swinging. I knew the area had some Civil war action and was hoping for at least a bullet today, but was rewarded with a Sweet Dragoon button with a backmark of WH.Horstmann & Sons.PHI. I also found the brass T pin but not really for sure of it's age? When i first retrieved it, I thought a possible Union Company letter, but not for sure what era. The Ring, Harmonica reed, heel plate, broke horse shoe and part of a unknown Buckle just added to some Nice relics for the day.
I Love relic hunting, it is very rewarding to go out with a detector and follow the Footsteps of History.

Nova Treasure
 

Attachments

  • Home in Town.webp
    Home in Town.webp
    34 KB · Views: 618
Upvote 0
Re: Dragoon Button , Hat Pin & few more Relics

BuckleBoy said:
Nova, I have looked through everything I have in the way of books here except for the CW collector's encyclopedia (which I will make time to do over the weekend). I think I saw the piece online at one of the major CW relic seller websites...

Thanks for looking, I have looked through my Collectors encyclopedia,both books but didn't find it. I may take it to the local CW museum and see if they may recognize it. Hopefully very soon we can get together on some Detecting.

Thanks, Bill
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom