What's new

Drawer pull? Buckle fragment?

RelicHunter97

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
700
Reaction score
297
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was found in a field that had lots of Native American activity and is near colonial homes. There is debate over what is is. Ideas?
 

Attachments

  • 022.webp
    022.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 411
  • 023.webp
    023.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 395
Tag!
I'll say this it reminds me of something I found at a site that gave up the spoon mold and rev. war buttons & items.I always thought maybe horse related as it's shaped sorta like a stirrup,breeching dee,or mouth bit maybe.I can't tell how big yours is in the pic. :icon_scratch: But it sorta looks the same.Mine had a silver plating on it.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,279820.html
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • 000_0005.webp
    000_0005.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 370
  • DSCN0620.webp
    DSCN0620.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 360
  • 000_0005.webp
    000_0005.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 348
  • DSCN0620.webp
    DSCN0620.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0
It looks like a Buckle fragment to me. :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
Looks like some sorta bracelet. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
:dontknow: It kind of looks like a bracelet to me, one that wraps around your arm, any marks on it at all? :icon_scratch: Red
 
Upvote 0
:dontknow: Darn it, I was hoping there was, it's cool looking, must be driving you nuts!!!! :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
I don't think it is a drawer pull because if it were, the flower face would need to be on the flat side of the pull to prevent the rose from scratching the furniture wood. It's shaped like a bracelet, but looks to thick for that. Perhaps it could be the top part of a handle to an antique wooden travel box or hat box. Whatever it is, I think the face of the flower is supposed to face up, not down. What is the material? Iron? Brass? Interesting, Breezie
 

Attachments

  • VictorianDressingAccessory.webp
    VictorianDressingAccessory.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 259
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
I don't think it is a drawer pull because if it were the flower face would be on the flat side of the pull to prevent the rose from scratching the furniture wood. It looks more like a bracelet to me, but whatever it is, the face of the flower is supposed to face up, not down. Interesting, Breezie

:icon_scratch: Good eyes Breezie, I didn't even see that the flower is facing down instead of up! :icon_scratch: Red :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
It looks like the flower on it looks like the Sub Rosa symbol that was in use at that time . Late 1700's that is .
Not sure about that but it looks like the one in my books. I will have to check and see if it has any connection to anything that might be what the piece was for .
 
Upvote 0
I just remembered that someone suggested that it could be an ornate handle from a serving tray or something.
 
Upvote 0
RelicHunter97, I think there is some confusion between your item and the one timekiller posted.
If you put that flat the flower orientation is 45 degrees to the top approximately yes? If so it could be a serving tray handle what is the size of it? I will say it definitely looks early. :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
Broken knee said:
RelicHunter97, I think there is some confusion between your item and the one timekiller posted.
If you put that flat the flower orientation is 45 degrees to the top approximately yes? If so it could be a serving tray handle what is the size of it? I will say it definitely looks early. :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee


Ok i am not following the whole "flower is down thing. What do you mean?
 
Upvote 0
could it be part of a spur :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom