What's new

Dream box??

wirebender

Full Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
ok just a question for you all.... for halfs only.

What numbers are considered a dream box?
what about a semi dream box?
what about a good box?
Average box?
ok box?
junk box?
and skunk I know is ZERO!!
want to know your guys thoughts on the topic.
 
Upvote 0
Well my wife found a Box with 567 %40's in it this past week & nobody suggested it was a "dream box", so the standard must be very high, way above 83 ounces of Silver in one Box.

My personal bestest Box had only 264 in it 8 were %90's too.
 
A dream box for me would not be 100 40%ers, but about 20 walkers, 20 bf's, a barber or two, and a few commemorative. 40%ers don't do much for me.
 
obediah said:
Well my wife found a Box with 567 %40's in it this past week & nobody suggested it was a "dream box", so the standard must be very high, way above 83 ounces of Silver in one Box.

My personal bestest Box had only 264 in it 8 were %90's too.

I'd say that is a mega dream box with 567 keepers in one box. Where did she get that box? I saw before you said she gets boxes in Missouri sometimes. I live in eastern Missouri and when I was CRHing full force would get boxes from surrounding areas as well.

Jim
 
1 Keeper is a dream box for me! Ha ha ha Ive gone through about $5,000.00 with nothing to show for it. My area is cleaned out i guess.
 
jim4silver said:
obediah said:
Well my wife found a Box with 567 %40's in it this past week & nobody suggested it was a "dream box", so the standard must be very high, way above 83 ounces of Silver in one Box.

My personal bestest Box had only 264 in it 8 were %90's too.

I'd say that is a mega dream box with 567 keepers in one box. Where did she get that box? I saw before you said she gets boxes in Missouri sometimes. I live in eastern Missouri and when I was CRHing full force would get boxes from surrounding areas as well.

Jim

From her Bank in ark just across line from where she lives in Mo.; as said her best box B4 this one was 23. She quit her Mo Bank as too many Skunks, still gets them from Ark Bank but so far not as many. It is very rural area not much to choose from really.
 
8 R€­Å£€Š™ said:
1 Keeper is a dream box for me! Ha ha ha Ive gone through about $5,000.00 with nothing to show for it. My area is cleaned out i guess.

I think I am in your area and know better....
 
obediah said:
jim4silver said:
obediah said:
Well my wife found a Box with 567 %40's in it this past week & nobody suggested it was a "dream box", so the standard must be very high, way above 83 ounces of Silver in one Box.

My personal bestest Box had only 264 in it 8 were %90's too.

I'd say that is a mega dream box with 567 keepers in one box. Where did she get that box? I saw before you said she gets boxes in Missouri sometimes. I live in eastern Missouri and when I was CRHing full force would get boxes from surrounding areas as well.

Jim

From her Bank in ark just across line from where she lives in Mo.; as said her best box B4 this one was 23. She quit her Mo Bank as too many Skunks, still gets them from Ark Bank but so far not as many. It is very rural area not much to choose from really.

I have never gone into Arkansas for CRHing. I have not had to go that far south since I began CRHing. I tried to cover many areas in the eastern half of the state depending on where I had to go for work. The few Brinks facilities here cover very wide areas, so it really does not pay to go too far to get boxes.

Jim
 
My best box is 42 total silvers, I think it was 37 40%ers.. so I guess I consider that a great box, but not a dream box.

what do you guys think of these numbers?

Ultra Silver Dream Box - 100% silver!!
Mega Dream Box - 500 and above
Super Dream Box - 250 - 500 silvers
Dream Box - 100 to 250 silvers
semi dream box - 50 to 100
great box - 20 - 50
good box -10 - 20
ok box - 3-10
Average box 1-2
Skunk Box - 0 'zero'
Suck Box - not enough coins given in box, but you still paid 500$!!!!
 
Anything over 50 coins qualifies as a dream box for me. Still haven't seen one in over a year. Had a few 100+ coins from bank stops from customer rolls but still waiting for that huge box...

Maine_Jim
 
wirebender said:
My best box is 42 total silvers, I think it was 37 40%ers.. so I guess I consider that a great box, but not a dream box.

what do you guys think of these numbers?

Ultra Silver Dream Box - 100% silver!!
Mega Dream Box - 500 and above
Super Dream Box - 250 - 500 silvers
Dream Box - 100 to 250 silvers
semi dream box - 50 to 100
great box - 20 - 50
good box -10 - 20
ok box - 3-10
Average box 1-2
Skunk Box - 0 'zero'
Suck Box - not enough coins given in box, but you still paid 500$!!!!


Not a bad way to describe dream boxes. But it varies depending on how saturated your area is regarding CRHers.. When I first started CRHing, I always found at least some silver. It was awhile before I had my first skunk box. After that they started showing up more and more, and more.

Now a dream box would be 50 keepers, like Maine Jim says.

Jim
 
For me:

What numbers are considered a dream box? 25+ (I only got 2 boxes with 25+ in 6 months and $50,000+ in halfs boxes)
what about a semi dream box? 10+ keepers
what about a good box? 5+ keepers
Average box? 0 - 1 keepers but more times than not its 0.

Half aren't even worth the effort around me. I burn 1/2 a tank of gas to maybe get 1 or 2 40%'rs if im lucky while getting my usuial 12 boxes from my banks every week so I quit for awhile. :-[
 
wirebender said:
My best box is 42 total silvers, I think it was 37 40%ers.. so I guess I consider that a great box, but not a dream box.

what do you guys think of these numbers?

Ultra Silver Dream Box - 100% silver!!
Mega Dream Box - 500 and above
Super Dream Box - 250 - 500 silvers
Dream Box - 100 to 250 silvers
semi dream box - 50 to 100
great box - 20 - 50
good box -10 - 20
ok box - 3-10
Average box 1-2
Skunk Box - 0 'zero'
Suck Box - not enough coins given in box, but you still paid 500$!!!!

Right on the Money.

Mojo
 
There isn't one set of numbers that will qualify for everyone.

Personally, I have never had great luck at boxes so I don't order many. And of all the ones I have either ordered or picked up when on road trips, the best I have ever had had less than 20 silver coins in it.

So for me a dream box would be 25 silver coins.
 
from what i have been told its a dream box,my first box last week was 567 od40%
 
It's not all about quantity. Personally, 100 40%'ers versus 1 Barber doesn't compare. I'd take the Barber any day. Sure it would be nice to get the box like Mountain_Man had the other day. But when a box has the variety, it is much more preferable than getting a sack of 40%'ers.
 
Well my wife found a Box with 567 %40's in it this past week & nobody suggested it was a "dream box", so the standard must be very high, way above 83 ounces of Silver in one Box.
i didn't call it a dream box.....i called it an LJ box ;D
i have to agree with Mojo...wirebender is right on the money :thumbsup:
 
wirebender said:
My best box is 42 total silvers, I think it was 37 40%ers.. so I guess I consider that a great box, but not a dream box.

what do you guys think of these numbers?

Ultra Silver Dream Box - 100% silver!!
Mega Dream Box - 500 and above
Super Dream Box - 250 - 500 silvers
Dream Box - 100 to 250 silvers
semi dream box - 50 to 100
great box - 20 - 50
good box -10 - 20

Wirebender is on the money for sure. I would just add...

ok box? 1-10 silvers
junk box? no silver and just clad proofs and oddity coins like gold plated and such.
Suck Box - not enough coins given in box, but you still paid 500$!!!!

Worst Box known to man- you know something is wrong from the start because their is a sloppy scotch tape job on the outside, it is shorted a roll or more, all remaining rolls are searched and re-rolled in the machine wrappers. Almost all coins have a colorful line down the sides and a couple of them have silver painted rims that have writing on them that say "NOT SILVER HA HA"

If any one gets this last box, you are having a bad day :)

Golden Silver
 
Everyone;
Don't you find it to be an astounding coincidence that obediah and goldeagle each found single boxes containing exactly 567 40% coins in the last week?? Those are both dream boxes by any definition. Two dream boxes EXACTLY the same?? Priceless!!!
- Grizz
 
Code:
=IF(H2+I2+J2+K2>500,"Mega Dream Box!",IF(H2+I2+J2+K2>250,"Super Dream Box!",IF(H2+I2+J2+K2>100,"Dream Box!",IF(H2+I2+J2+K2>50,"Semi-Dream Box",IF(H2+I2+J2+K2>20,"Great Box",IF(H2+I2+J2+K2>10,"Good Box",IF(H2+I2+J2+K2>1,"Average Box","Skunk!")))))))

EXCELL only allows for 7 IF's before you fail.
For the EXCELL users try the code above (works for me).
It is:
Mega Dream Box! > 500
Super Dream Box! > 250
Dream Box! > 100
Semi-Dream Box > 50
Great Box > 20
Good Box > 10
Average Box > 1
Skunk! = < 1

Just substitute your finds for "H2+I2+J2+K2" in the script
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom