Dream Mat Pocket Sluice

Oldrustystuff

Jul 26, 2018
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
Home made sluice running a 10" Dream Mat, Gold Cube, Blue Bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey everyone I just wanted to share something new that I picked up for my prospecting pack which looks to be really fun.

I know not everyone here like dream mat stuff but you gotta admit that this tiny little sluice is pretty damn cute and it could be useful to mess around with when running test pans in place that have the flow for it.

20181108_111750.jpg

Upvote 0

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow I didn't expect this kinda response. I must be missing something.

I just thought it was kinda neat and wanted to share it.

I've had good luck running my dream mats. I guess that was snake oil gold I caught.

Sorry I guess.

Heck, I think we're just having some fun and don't mean to offend anyone. btw, size matters.

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all of here have hides of a donkey butt you know. Us crusty old men can take getting our pans busted. Consider it a compliment when someone values your oppinions. I think the design is interesting I just wondered if it would work in a bigger version.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
There is a mass of underlying agenda going on that most won't pick up on.

There is a lot of that going on here these days, at least if you buy one I'm guessing it will arrive in functional condition un like some products out there people are quick to cover up.

Not defending dream mat products I'm fine using what I have but in all honesty would be nice to hear some feedback from those that have actual experience with it to be fair, not just tnet fair.

Real nice video!

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually I really appreciate the original post. I'm still pretty new to this game and although I was a little skeptical when I saw it, I always like to hear what the more experienced miners and prospectors have to say. It is pretty neat as a novelty item, but I also envision sitting by my small back yard creek in the summer when flow is low, slowly sluicing classified material while I drink beer. Oldrustystuff, you spurred conversation about the product and that is a good thing in my mind. Let us know if you ever try it out.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Aw.... Can we all have a group hug now?.......

Even though dream mat can catch some gold there are far more efficient mats out there.
dream mat has way too much dead space to be really effective. And I am not talking about this keyring pocket sluice, look at a full size section, 10x24.... 16x32.... or whatever size you consider ...
Think about what I have just said here and you will understand.

Last edited:

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow I didn't expect this kinda response. I must be missing something.

I just thought it was kinda neat and wanted to share it.

I've had good luck running my dream mats. I guess that was snake oil gold I caught.

Sorry I guess.

Im sure this could actually catch a bit of gold. I just don't see the point of miniaturizing something that should be made bigger in order to work right. :icon_scratch:
This is just a marketing gimmick.

mini pan.jpg

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hit the nail on the head, I guess I figured this was a given. For the right price I wouldn't mind having one just to tinker with, sit on the desk etc.

By the right price. You mean, as in they send it to you free and postage paid?.........:laughing7:
I wouldn't waste the desk space.....:laughing7:

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought those were keychains.

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Johndoe, I'd like to hear your experience using the Dream Mat. That being said, what matting in your experience is the most effiencient? For me, I've tried a lot of mats and machines and this matting is the best so far.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Johndoe, I'd like to hear your experience using the Dream Mat. That being said, what matting in your experience is the most effiencient? For me, I've tried a lot of mats and machines and this matting is the best so far.
Won't waste time or money on dream-mat...

It will not work to capture beach gold efficiently if at all.
Come to think of it I seem to remember seeing a video on the dismal performance of dream mat on beach material......

I use sawtooth, vortex, UR, Motherload, and magnetics to capture beach gold.

As to more efficient mats I think gold Hog mats are far better.

Last edited:

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been 5 years since this thread was last active, does anyone have experience now with the dream mats to give a real comparison based on facts, not emotional outbursts based on its looks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread