What's new

Drive in theaters

kshollywood

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2010
Messages
523
Reaction score
170
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Does anyone know how to look up old drive in theaters? I would love to hunt some but I am having problems locating where they used to be.
 
There is a website that I have seen w/ info like that...Google it, sure you will be able to find it...
 
county records should have info.
 
Looked through google, can't go to every county. Any one with a new idea?
 
I can give this suggestion : google
[h=1]Mississippi Historical Aerials[/h]
Look for Aerials from the 50's

Watch for properties that look like "Bee Hives"

Untitledmm.webp Untitledmmm.webp
 
Not the original one I had in mind, but here's one. Gives names & towns, but short quite a few. No real geographical date - but it is a start:

  Drive-In List
 
I can't tell you about many. There was one still in operation in Gatesville, Texas when I moved in 2007. I've been to one just west of Hillsboro, Texas that closed in the (I believe) late 1960s. It was a rental storage site in 2010. I believe there were about 4 or 5 in Waco, and a bunch in Fort Worth. If it would help, I may be able to find the addresses of the sites.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom