Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working from home from Covid I have got to go back through all my finds. I posted picture of Carved Bullets and Fired, Campfire lead. Well today went through my drop bullets. I have a container i just throw them in when I find them , These were found from my little camp i found in Wilson County, NC there are some from Goldsboro and Wilmington but 95% from Wilson County. I was able to find a soldier that was camped there and in his dairy, the days they were there was 2 days. But it rained the whole time they were there. So they were just dumping wet ammo and getting fresh. But i have about 36 pounds of lead all dropped. I kinda split them up. but there are 3 ringers, High Base 3 ringers, .54 cal Mississippi 3 ringers, Enfield, Gardners, Richmond Sharps, Sharps, pistol bullets from .28 to .45, Williams cleaners, and of course round shot. The case i have hanging, I try to put at least 1 of every different type of bullet in there. Enjoy and Happy Hunting.

drop bullets 1.jpg

drop bullets 2.jpg drop bullets 3.jpg

drop bullets 4.jpg drop bullets 5.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 6

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
erfranks, that is an impressive amount of CW lead. Don't you just love digging those carved and dropped bullets? Your display case looks almost exactly like mine. Well Done, and Continued Success to you. Our relic hunting season here in Georgia is about over for now. Too hot, too humid, and the No Shoulders and Ticks are out and about.

Pedrom

Oct 12, 2021
Working from home from Covid I have got to go back through all my finds. I posted picture of Carved Bullets and Fired, Campfire lead. Well today went through my drop bullets. I have a container i just throw them in when I find them , These were found from my little camp i found in Wilson County, NC there are some from Goldsboro and Wilmington but 95% from Wilson County. I was able to find a soldier that was camped there and in his dairy, the days they were there was 2 days. But it rained the whole time they were there. So they were just dumping wet ammo and getting fresh. But i have about 36 pounds of lead all dropped. I kinda split them up. but there are 3 ringers, High Base 3 ringers, .54 cal Mississippi 3 ringers, Enfield, Gardners, Richmond Sharps, Sharps, pistol bullets from .28 to .45, Williams cleaners, and of course round shot. The case i have hanging, I try to put at least 1 of every different type of bullet in there. Enjoy and Happy Hunting.

View attachment 1932086

View attachment 1932087 View attachment 1932089

View attachment 1932090 View attachment 1932091
Hi Pete here fellow detectorist from the Uk, I am looking for 100 or so mini balls if you know of any for sale to add to my collection.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice lots of enfields in there. Good spot for sure. Any enfields have the wood core in them? Some I find do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread