What's new

Dropped rimfire cartridge, flat buttons, buckle, lead and wheats

toasted

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
14,368
Golden Thread
5
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First long hunt this year at my one and only colonial spot. Lots of great finds and lots of time spent here last year. Not much left but I did manage a few notables. I got what I believe to be a dropped rimfire cartridge with US stamped on the head. Unfortunately, I dropped it as well and it broke. I never see them posted so thought I would share. I also got three small flat buttons, melted lead, wheats and a cool little buckle that Im hoping is 18th or early 19th century
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    356.1 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 10
Great buckle. As I like to say, that ain't new!!! You have some age in that one
 
You did well. I love the variety. Good job.
 
From the top of my head the buckle is 1690-1720. If my memory is wrong, then 18th C it is.
 
That's a good job to find that stuff in that spot. I never would have thought there'd be four more wheats there as much as you've scoured it.
 
Great hunt. You definitely need to pound that site.
 
Great hunt. You definitely need to pound that site.

This site is already pounded to death. Ive found LCs, half cent, KGs, seated, FE, IHPs, SLQ, Barber, merc, rosies, war nickels, v nickels and buffalos. My two best finds here have been a Spanish cob and my banner find. Just to name a few. LOL.

By the way, im pretty sure the dropped cartridge is centerfire now. Still very old though
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom