Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After a days work I headed out to my new location for hunting. Several recent hunts there resulted in some great finds but I hadn't come up with an Indian Head penny for a couple weeks. Today the drought ended. Along with the 1884, there was a restroom token, S&W 38 casing, and what looks like a lead round ball.

1884_IHP.jpground and casing.jpgtoken.jpg

Upvote 13
Nice shape on the old indian!, love digging those

Awesome IHP, and now you can go to the restroom anytime you like. :thumbsup: I remember back in the day we had to use a dime to enter the stall at the G.C.Murphy store in St. Mary's, Ohio.

Hey cjon, good to hear from you. Once I spotted the coin in the hole I was struck with how green in looked and when I swiped it lightly I couldn't make out exactly what it was, thinking it may be a wheat; but that Indian profile came through and I saw the 'ONE CENT' on the back. This is a new park for me and though you have to work it slow and dig some trash, there are some good finds too!

I've read that 'back in the day' there were Indians everywhere, but that was before I'd ever stepped foot in a city park.

L-D, thanks for your reply. It really brought a smile to my face. That is on your restroom comment. Works for me as long as I ID where the paid toilets are in town. Just goes to show you that you should never be surprised at what comes out of the ground. Virtually everything has been buried.

Ya know... A restroom "token" would really suck when...

You are standing at the door of the stall and you are fishing around through change and lint in your pocket...
You are praying your "cheeks stay together"...
And you find the token...
Only to drop it...
And watch it roll under the stall door out of reach :P

In my hour of need I must have two tokens. Now I'll be looking for token #3. No S--T!!

That sure does look like a round ball! Nice find man. Great IHP too!

Steve

I personally have never used a restroom that required a token... or coins for that matter...
I try to avoid such situations at all cost :)

Cool finds never knew it took tokens to use the restroom!! Good luck

If you follow the logic, people who use token keep the restrooms cleaner, so no worries.

Steve,

Not certain what else it would be and certainly fits with the site. Pictures only show so much. I need to get a diameter and weigh it. Feels heavy like lead.

Hey cjon, good to hear from you. Once I spotted the coin in the hole I was struck with how green in looked and when I swiped it lightly I couldn't make out exactly what it was, thinking it may be a wheat; but that Indian profile came through and I saw the 'ONE CENT' on the back. This is a new park for me and though you have to work it slow and dig some trash, there are some good finds too!

I've read that 'back in the day' there were Indians everywhere, but that was before I'd ever stepped foot in a city park.

yeah Ive been hiding lately, not getting out is more like it, lol. ive detected with some old timers who started in the 70s and said if you didn't come home with at least 30-40 silver coins youre doing it wrong lol!! omg can you imagine??

cjon,

like I said, late summer I started at this park in Baltimore, never detecting here before. So far I've found 3 buttons, 2 silver dimes and 4 IHPs, so it is not 'hunted out', as I thought from the tales of coins removed from the park. I'm looking forward to some more from this place.

Love the deep green patina on that Indian Head. :happysmiley:

Wish they minted the wheats with that same bronze as the ihps. Imagine how our wheaties would look!

DIG YOU HAVE SOME NEEET RAINY DAY FINDS , I STARTED TO GO BUT WITH ALL THE RAIN THEY ARE PREDICTING AROUND YOUR AREA AND MINE I THINK I WILL WAIT FOR THE WEATHER MAN TO BE WRONG. THEY SAY WE SHOULD GET ALOT BUT THEY DO THIS ALL THE TIME ... ANYWAY STAY DRY MY FREIND ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back