What's new

Dry Suits??

texan connection

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
4,565
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Wondering about water hunting in the cold water, and dry suits, do they keep it warm and bearable? doesn't get to bad here. Also what would be the cost and where to get one?
 
Upvote 0
Your cheapest and most durable option would be a tri-laminate shell dry suit. The undergarment is what keeps you warm (besides being dry).
 
They keep you warmer because you are wearing your insulating clothes. I don't know what the prices are now, but you can Google them. They should be tried on at a dive shop instead of ordering them mail order. If it isn't that cold there a thick wetsuit will work for awhile but you will still get chilly because you'll have water next to your hide. Important to have a suit that isn't to big so the water can move around.
 
Hello from Minnesota.

I sometimes windsurf in water with ice in it. The water temp can be as low as 32. I can be in the water for hours and still be pretty comfy. Yes, there is a trace amount of leakage, so technically you get a tiny bit of water in around your ankles, but not enough to matter.

I like the BARE Polar Dry Suit. Is is quite warm even in water from 32 to 60 degrees. You have the option of wearing a "sweat shirt" top under the rubber top. This is a one pice suit that slips on. The neck, wrists, and ankles fit with a very fit rubber cuff.

This suit is $400. Very versatile for a lot of things.

I have no relationship with BARE. I just think these are good suits for the money.

You also need some thick scuba boots. I tend to wear 7 to 9 mm scuba boots. Your feet will stay very warm even in freezing water. Any scuba shop can get you these. These also have thick soles to help protect your feet from sharp objects in the water.

I am getting a new water detector soon, and like the detect in the winter when the water levels are lower. I will have my BARE suit on.

Best Regards,

Craig from Minnesota
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom