What's new

Dry Washer Question

Sierra Kid

Full Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
138
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mojave Desert CA.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300, Falcon MD20
Hello All. I am new to the forums and am amazed by the wealth of information here. I have a question about a Dry Washer I just bought from an old timer. Its huge compared to the typical Keene dry washers. Its on a trailer, has a chute about 2 feet wide and 3 feet long. It looks like it would handle a large volume of material (more than I can shovel to keep up with it) and has a small gas motor mounted to the trailer. Also, there is a series of belts on the bottom that turn a crankshaft system that provides the vibration for the unit. It weighs around 500 LBS. It appears to be very industrial. I will try and post some pics in the morning. Its been sitting for years and needs TLC. Any idea what it might be? Thanks. Cork
 
Sounds like quite a machine! I am sure someone will be able to help answer your question especially once they have a pic to look at. By the way, welcome to tnet! As you can see there is a wealth of info here and more added daily...the best part is there is a wealth of really awesome people as well! I do hope you stick around and keep posting!
 

Attachments

  • welcome01.gif
    welcome01.gif
    33.1 KB · Views: 170
  • welcome01.gif
    welcome01.gif
    33.1 KB · Views: 178
Thanks. It sure looks like a high production unit. I figure its about 30 years old. I started prospecting using a Whites MXT about a year ago and found the hobby to be really addicting. No gold yet, but a lot of bullets and junk.....
 
Hey...nothin wrong with bullets and junque! lol I am sure you will find lots with that machine if you keep at it and as addicting as it is you will not have much choice there! :tongue3:
 
So far, even finding junk has been a blast. Just exploring in general is great. One thing I fight here are hot rocks and high ground mineralization. The terrain here is definitely not consistent. Mostly placer gold. Figured I'd try dry washing also. :)
 
I have not used a drywasher but have thought about it. I sure put in some time shoveling into a highbanker though and done some panning, sluicing and a lil bit of dredging...now THAT was fun! ;D ;D ;D Let me know how you like using the drywasher!
 
I want to try my hand at dredging. Good rivers here in California! I better slow down.....
 
that dredging is GREAT fun! Maybe find some place that you can use different equipment and try it out and see what you think before you buy it all. lol I understand there are quite a few places you can go there in CA and use the equipment there for a price....might give you an idea what you like best and where to focus your attention. Me....I just like it all! lol
 
I think i'll give it a shot in late summer. The runoff from the mountain snow keeps the water COLD for a good portion of the summer. I do see people out there with their dredges. Looks fun!
 
The folks I know that dredge a lot tend to have wetsuits....I only dredged using borrowed equipment and it was VERY hot and the water was not that cold. lol
 
Yes, a wetsuit would have to be standard equipment. Hmmm, may have to start looking on ebay. LOL
 
LOL good luck to ya! Can't wait to see all your goodies! I best get to bed....got things locked up for the night and gotta open again in less than 8 hrs :wink: Sweet dreams!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom