Dryland Dredging Nozzle, This thing works pretty well!

OP
OP
CGC Miner

CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hehe, got that right Russ! Man those boulders seem to get heavier every year!

The other guy in the video is Marc/Urbanminer. Not sure if you met him but he knows you from the old forums.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work guys, love the video and the area you are working should be a good producer. :icon_thumright:

You may want to try using tire chains for winching boulders because they provide a much better grip than a single strap.
Tow dolly basket straps are lighter and hold boulders well also, just not as durable as the chains.

Love the nozzle and I'm really missing using my dredging equipment since moving to the desert.

GG~

Last edited:

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Put a power jet after your suction nozzle you will have some fun! I was able to suck dry material up like a vacuum cleaner running a suction nozzle with a power jet inline. I modified my suction nozzle to inject the water into the nozzle like a hydroforce nozzle it works a lot better than the seperate blaster. Only the Vortxrex system injects air like the old gravel elevators for real dryland dredge action.

Last edited:

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ive been using homemade ones in 3 and 4 inch for about 3 years now, i run the 2 3 inchers with my 4" keene dredge pump and the 4 inch with my 5" keene dredge pump.

i have also used my 4" like N-lionberger said with the jet log behind the nozzle about 10ft, it really pulls the gravel but really robs the water in low flow areas, so you eventually end up recirculating the muddy discharge water to keep the pump running. i tried this one year down at contrary creek in VA. in the spring time with decent flow, it worked great, the next time in the fall, with low water in pockets, not so much, so i switched over to one of my 3 inchers for the rest of the trip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread