Drywasher set up

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If the ground is dry, you will get a lot more gold and run a lot more material with a drywasher, unless you have a monster recirc.

I feed my recirc a metal detector scoop at a time. The drywasher gets fed two shovels at a time.

Even with a horrific loss rate, you will get more gold with a drywasher this way. Think about it, at horrific, let's say 50% loss on the drywasher, versus no loss with a recirc. 50% of 6 yards versus zero loss on 2 yards. Let's say each yard gives you a gram. That is 3 grams with the drywasher, and 2 grams with the recirc. Again, that is with a horrific loss rate.

With a more reasonable loss rate, let's say 20% loss, versus 10% with the recirc, 4.8 grams for the drywasher, versus 1.8 with the recirc. That is over double, solely based on the amount of material you are able to run.

Also, while drywashing, there is no need for dragging a ton of water out to the site. I only bring a couple of 5 gallon buckets with to pan the concentrates while I drywash. And, no classification needed, as the drywasher has the classification system built right into it.

Portability is another big thing. YOu can haul the drywasher, blower and shovel pretty much anywhere. Hauling 30 gallons of water and tubs, shovel, buckets, and classifier anywhere you feel like is not realistic.

So, with the recirc, you will need to set up a base camp and haul classified material to base camp. Again, this only if the ground is dry. If the ground is wet, recirc or go home. That is the reason I added a recirc to my arsenal. The other reason is that if I already have classfied material at the house, I can set up the recirc and run material. I have run classified material through the drywasher at the house, but it goes so dang fast I feel I got cheated out of gold time! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread