What's new

Dual Field finds its first ring......and its Platinum!!

KapHI808

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2013
Messages
28
Reaction score
41
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Aloha,

A week ago I had to send in my Excal for a warrantied repair. But before I sent It out I did one more hunt and scored my first Platinum ring. After sending it in to Minelab, I borrowed my friends Dual Field to give it a try. Boy, talk about tough! On one beach I go I can run the Gain at 2 pm and then I go 3 miles down the coast to another beach and I have to run the gain at below 9Pm and it still goes crazy. Any touch of the sand and it sounds off. Another thing I notice is that my magnet in my scoop gets caked in black "sand". If all my beaches were like the 1st one I can see how awesome of a detector this could be. Anyway, I went to another beach today and worked the wet sand. After finding a bunch of hairpins and coins I dug up my first ring with the Dual Field. At first I didn't know what it was so I waited till the end of the hunt to check it out with my loupe. It said "De Beers 950" and had a diamond inside. Wow, 2 platinum rings in a row!!

Here are the 2 rings gotten a week apart:

IMG_20130321_131401.webp
IMG_20130321_131908.webp
IMG_20130321_131934.webp

HH
 
Upvote 0
Congratulations on two gorgeous ring finds!

Lorraine
 
Wow nice rings! Congrats
 
Wooo-Hooooo! Congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Wow, 13 grams of Platinum is a big ring! Over 18 Grams between the both of them is awesome! Great job!
 
Great rings! Congrats!
 
damn. thats amazing . congratss man
 
the two rings look great
 
Plat is always special! :icon_thumleft: Just makes you feel instantly warm and fuzzy all over.
 
Does this mean there is a Ms Dual Field in your future?
 
Does this mean there is a Ms Dual Field in your future?

I'm not too sure. It is only able to perform very well on a few of the beaches here. But on those beaches it was totally awesome!! I am a little concerned about the thin coil "ears" and the floating coil. When wading if I let the detector go, the coil will float to the surface. In my conditions, IMHO my excal is just a bit more versatile. HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom