What's new

Dug another pit, this time in colonial woods

crabstang44

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2016
Messages
885
Reaction score
5,002
Golden Thread
2
Location
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Makro racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dug where I found the Connecticut copper and Italian colonial silver. Got lots of pottery some buttons including my first one piece military button. It's an eagle infantry silver gilted, is this war of 1812 era?? Also pottery smoking pipe
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0274.webp
    IMG_0274.webp
    73.3 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0276.webp
    IMG_0276.webp
    283.9 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0275.webp
    IMG_0275.webp
    762.6 KB · Views: 166
Upvote 30
Nice silvered button, did it come out looking like that? Also, from appearances I'd wager that the "pipe" is actually a portion of the broken spout of a teapot. Looks like a good spot to root around!
 
Nice silvered button, did it come out looking like that? Also, from appearances I'd wager that the "pipe" is actually a portion of the broken spout of a teapot. Looks like a good spot to root around!

Might be right about it being from teapot. And yes the button was completely caked in mud, and I tooth picked it and it looked like that
 
Great buttons man!
 
Wow - that Eagle button is sweet! Congrats on a nice hunt.
 
next time______________bring a lunch and a comfy chair to sit back and enjoy your super digs:laughing7:
 
Nice digs. That button is very nice. wtg
 
I like your Pearl ware shards...I would be mending some of those pieces together and go find some more.
 
Nice buttons. That eagle button retained a lot of gilt! Nice dig!!
 
Very nice finds.
My first thoughts about the "pipe bowl" were "too big"
Then I thought "spout" but Plumbata beat me to it.
Congratulations on some nice really nice finds.
 
Very nice relic hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom