What's new

Dug my first Wheat Penny today!

Swhetstone

Greenie
Joined
Apr 12, 2013
Messages
14
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Location
Carteret County, NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Didn't get to detect long at this property, couple hrs maybe, but I found my first wheat penny, a 1951 D. Dug some other clad and metal, but I'm happy for the wheatie. It may be a small find but I'm new and I'm happy :) Hopefully I can get back out to that site soon and find some more goodies.
 
Upvote 8
Congrats. Seems like after you pull your first coin out they are much easier to find afterwards! Kind of like breaking the ice.
 
Grats and welcome to the site! Still like finding those myself, after all where there's wheat there's possibly silver.
 
congrats fella...only gets better now!!
 
Good for you.. It's a great feeling finding your first cool coin find... Congrats..
 
Thanks everyone. It is a very good feeling when you see that round coin in the dirt my heart almost skips a beat lol. Im really hoping so find some silver there the house was built in '66 so its possible. I did find a silver ring in my front yard on the first day... Not worth much but its .925
 
Always a good thing to get that one find that makes you feel like it's worth it all.

Congrats on your first and may there be many, many happy returns!

HH!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom