Dug my oldest coin today..1832 capped bust

Jpro

Jun 23, 2013
Nashville, Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sometimes when searching for CW relics things Like this coin come out of the ground. Thought you coin guys would like it. It's possible a CW soldier could have possibly dropped it, as lots of relics found around it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 17
Omg that's an incredible looking dug coin. Wow!

That is a beauty. Still haven't found a capped bust- maybe in 2015. Thanks for sharing!

I bet 99% that it was indeed dropped by a civil war soldier. They were constantly marching, setting up camps, running, and ducking for cover so it's almost a guarantee they would have scattered the contents of their pockets by accident along the way. :thumbsup:

Nice coin..Them capped bust silvers are hard to come by..
And that one is in great shape...

one of the most beautiful coin ever minted. I have been fortunate enough to find a couple from older homesites and glad to see you saved one that belong to a Soldier of the Civil War. Congrats, Bill

Looking at the condition of your coin I would think perhaps someone that fought in the CW may have lost it but probably lost it 20 years before the war began. It just has such wonderful detail left. Congratulations.

Wow that's a beaut!

A soldier surely missed that

That's a great find for any of us - way to go !!! That was only about a 30 year old coin during the Civil War - and it certainly saw
action before that time (wear before it was dropped ) a very wonderful find .

Very nice coin. Those capped busts are elusive

Man oh man....... bet they couldn't smack the smile off your face when that thing came out of the ground. Congrats on some killer silver my friend.

Awesome find! Still looking for one of those babies.

Wow, that's incredible, very cool coin, jealous guy right here!

Nice coin, they designed those coins to stand out, and it still does.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back