What's new

dump bank to charge fees

phrostie

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
534
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nap Town
My dump banks is going to start charging me fees. Are they required to provide a memorandum of understanding to all account holders? Can I request one? It seems unfair to begin charging fees to just me because I am deemed to be taking advantage of the system. What if someone else comes in with a bunch of change? Will they charge them?

I mean I realize I'm taking in a lot of coin but has anyone requested it in writing? Any luck?
 
Upvote 0
If it happens to me, I will be asking to see it in writing. If it is written, I will take all my money out, and go elswhere. I think it's stupid for them to charge to dump, honestly how hard can it be for them?
They are banks, they provide a service and they make money off of our money. It's not fair if they "all the sudden" start charging people who bring in eccesive amounts of change.
 
Their objective is to drive you away, I'd ablidge them and disappear for a couple or so weeks, you know find another Bank or few to dump at and start spreading your dumps around; that is all I do when they start talking fees and so far when do finally roll around again to them they are silent when I dump.
 
Yes, s-p-r-e-a-d-o-u-t your dumps to different banks / branches.
Don't raise too many eyebrows.
 
phrostie said:
My dump banks is going to start charging me fees. Are they required to provide a memorandum of understanding to all account holders? Can I request one? It seems unfair to begin charging fees to just me because I am deemed to be taking advantage of the system. What if someone else comes in with a bunch of change? Will they charge them?

I mean I realize I'm taking in a lot of coin but has anyone requested it in writing? Any luck?

Be friendly, and ask for the paperwork on what the fees are. Don't question that they are going to charge you. Instead, ask to see it so you know how much per bag or thousand or whatever, so you can plan ahead for your business. Do it to get more information on how their system works on fees, not to challenge the fee. I bet they can't produce one, and then they will back off, but they won't be mad at you, since you were cooperating with them and asking for the specifics of how the fees would work so that you could PAY them (never intending to, but make it sound that way)

Make sense?

it works well with all sorts of unfair things. Agree to do it, ask for the specifics on their fee charts so you can plan for it, and then they back off. NOrmally. lol.
 
I had dope call me and tell me he was the Chief Operations officer and that because of the amount of coins I was dumping he was going to charge me a fee .
When I heard the word "Chief" the :sign13:went off.
In an angry tone of voice I asked him if he was singling me out because I'm a Native American"? Before he could answer I went on to say that I've encountered discrimination before,and I will take this matter as far as I can. He started sputtering and stuttering and tells me that he is going to put a sign on the coin counters advising every customer that there will be a dump fee over a certain amount. I told him to send me the policy in writing.
He never did,and I never paid a fee.
Now I did tell a bit of a white lie by stating that I'm a native American. Technically I am, because I was born in this Country. I figure since he called himself a Chief we were even.
HH
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
I had dope call me and tell me he was the Chief Operations officer and that because of the amount of coins I was dumping he was going to charge me a fee .
When I heard the word "Chief" the :sign13:went off.
In an angry tone of voice I asked him if he was singling me out because I'm a Native American"? Before he could answer I went on to say that I've encountered discrimination before,and I will take this matter as far as I can. He started sputtering and stuttering and tells me that he is going to put a sign on the coin counters advising every customer that there will be a dump fee over a certain amount. I told him to send me the policy in writing.
He never did,and I never paid a fee.
Now I did tell a bit of a white lie by stating that I'm a native American. Technically I am, because I was born in this Country. I figure since he called himself a Chief we were even.
HH
Rich

That's a good one! My mother was about 1/16th native american so I guess that makes me 1/32nd. I'll have to use that trick sometime. :icon_thumleft:
 
Rich Hartford said:
I had dope call me and tell me he was the Chief Operations officer and that because of the amount of coins I was dumping he was going to charge me a fee .
When I heard the word "Chief" the :sign13:went off.
In an angry tone of voice I asked him if he was singling me out because I'm a Native American"? Before he could answer I went on to say that I've encountered discrimination before,and I will take this matter as far as I can. He started sputtering and stuttering and tells me that he is going to put a sign on the coin counters advising every customer that there will be a dump fee over a certain amount. I told him to send me the policy in writing.
He never did,and I never paid a fee.
Now I did tell a bit of a white lie by stating that I'm a native American. Technically I am, because I was born in this Country. I figure since he called himself a Chief we were even.
HH
Rich
Bet you'd be fun to take trip with. I met a black guy X- Special Forces & former Blackwater hired gun, he was a laugh too we took trip from Mn to Tn every place we went into we had fun, e.g he wanted some cowboy boots the clerk looked at me first asked if she could help me, I said "no but this ni**er needs pair of cowboy boots" she froze in her tracks thought she was gonna run away, another store clerk (white) actually started to cry, not sure why- but she never regained her composure, each time he just look at her & smiled.
 
Great OB, when you walk among men you can have a great time dealing with people who have no CLUE.
 
onfire said:
Great OB, when you walk among men you can have a great time dealing with people who have no CLUE.
Yeah, few people are prepared for anything outside the normal expected routines we have been conditioned to expect.
Like every time you go to a cashier they all say "how you doing" (I never say fine), have a whole list of things to say from "I'm not sure" too whatever comes to mind, "you know I'm not really sure I'm here, forgot my Meds this morning." Most people really are not even listening to what you say anyway.
 
obediah said:
onfire said:
Great OB, when you walk among men you can have a great time dealing with people who have no CLUE.
Yeah, few people are prepared for anything outside the normal expected routines we have been conditioned to expect.
Like every time you go to a cashier they all say "how you doing" (I never say fine), have a whole list of things to say from "I'm not sure" too whatever comes to mind, "you know I'm not really sure I'm here, forgot my Meds this morning." Most people really are not even listening to what you say anyway.

when i do cash register. i just say hello or hi :P. i got no customer service skills :hello:


thinking i shall go to my old dump bank and ask for a paper with the fees for the coin counter...
 
obediah said:
onfire said:
Great OB, when you walk among men you can have a great time dealing with people who have no CLUE.
Yeah, few people are prepared for anything outside the normal expected routines we have been conditioned to expect.
Like every time you go to a cashier they all say "how you doing" (I never say fine), have a whole list of things to say from "I'm not sure" too whatever comes to mind, "you know I'm not really sure I'm here, forgot my Meds this morning." Most people really are not even listening to what you say anyway.

i'm gonna hafta try that schizophrenic approach tomorrow
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom