Dumpster diving lottery tickets

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my son said he had a friend in college who pulled out discarded GA lottery tickets from gas stations around the city and won on the average $200 - $300 per week. Lot of first time scratch off lottery buyers either don't read or can't read effectively the options on the ticket.

flashyace

Sep 26, 2013
southern Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
My ex-coworker used to have piles of them on his floor board of his car. I finally talked him into letting me have them for the second chance drawing and low and behold I found $90 worth of winners. I may or may have forgot to tell him. Some of them were not even scratched all the way

mcb66

Mar 17, 2009
Happens all the time. I picked up probably 30 or 40 one time. many of them were still connected in chains of 10 or more. Co-workers thought I was crazy until i won the first 40 dollars. It's just statically improbable that you would have that many losers still connected. Always double check...

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We don't have the lottery in my state YET.Its coming but I've always heard more winners come from Scratch Offs.

MotherOfGeeks

Apr 26, 2016
Washington
Primary Interest:
Other
Most of the grocery stores near here have the fancy new video lottery ticket vending machines, i've found cash left toward a ticket on 3 occasions. I also fish any tickets I find out of the trash, there is a scanner right on the vending machine that checks if you are a winner. I have found a couple of 5 dollar winners that way.

I have never understood the logic on lottery tickets, the odds of winning are so small.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some cool stuff this last weekend Ill post once I go through it all . Thanks to all your cool posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread