Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a post not long ago about the different type of people I meet going out at daylight in the summer time. "Dumpster Divers" was one of them! All the ones I saw looked like homeless people or winos intent on getting that chili dog! Do you dress down to go dumpster diving and are my eyes deceiving me? ;) Monty

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
"dumpster type" - so really not a BFI big dumpster in back of 7 eleven, picking through spoiled luchmeat, broken glass,.....?????

This must be a "white collar" dumpster. Anyway, very good finds. Impressive dumpster finds!

Bob

Whitewings

Nov 23, 2005
Welll.....mabey I dont want to get into this treasure hunting thing......dumpster diving? ???

Just kiding, nice find, cant wait to get my MD

Bill W

I like the chilli dogs also....lol ;D

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
dano, when you're dumpster diving, do you do frontward or backward somersaults?? ;)

Great finds, once again. WTG!

HH, ya'll!

OP
OP
dano91

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I should clarify that these dumpsters are construction bins in new subdivisions. Not greasy chili dog dumpsters LOL.
It's amazing what people who have just bought a $500,000 house will throw away.

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
YES, Dumpster diving can really pay off. PRIDE MIGHT STOP A LOT OF PEOPLE FROM DOING IT. But put pride aside and dive in! I've done my share of diving at O.S.U. when the students are clearing out at the end of the quarter to go home. People you wouldn't beleave what can be found. The computer I'm using came from there. Plus I've found collector coin's. Silver 1 once bars, Like new T.V.s Can's of coins, Loads and loads of stuff. One can outfit themselfs with all one could ever wear and and anough can foods to last for many Months --------- I know one fellow who hasn't spent a dime at a food store for many years and has one of the best yard sales in the area. However he I would say is a hermit and dont have to answer to anyone. But his home is payed for and he's a happy man. With that wkat else can I say!

R

rusty nails

i thought i posted this before but last summer i found a brand new in the box digital camera.
everything was in the box and that puppy cost 125.00 new. probably my best , practical,
useable find to date.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread