Re: E. S. FRISHKORN BEAVER FALLS, PA C. & CO.
Hi Sandy, thank you so much. Do you still have family or friends in Beaver Falls? Are your ancesters from there? I live in NY, a little south of Buffalo, and think it might only be 3 or 4 hours drive so I might try to go down there sometime and do a little research but I should check out as much as I can ahead of time. James Walsh had the grocery store in about 1890, only for a year or so, then he moved to Dougherty township and then to Beaver Falls in 1902. That's when he bought the property at 1426 Fourth Avenue and that's where he built up his ice cream manufacturing business, which he operated until his death in 1910, when his son Charles Walsh took it over. This was from a book "Genealogical and Personal history of Beaver County, PA" by John W. Jordan, in 1914. It sounds like he was very successful and the article says "Howard Cook said that James Thomas Walsh originated the "Whitehouse" flavor, which is vanilla with maraschino cherries. Isaly's in Beaver Falls always sold it and Meadow Gold may have also had that flavor". I don't know if any of that sounds familiar to you. James & Susan's children were Charles, who married Marjorie Melzena Bordeaux, Nora who married E.S. Frishkorn, Harry, Bessie, who married J.H. Nicholson, Bertha who married Charles Kraft, and Mary Walsh, a teacher in the public school at Woodlawn, PA. Those are good ideas, for me to contact the funeral homes and the Carnegie Library. What are some of the main cemeteries called? The book says James was a member of the Presbyterian Church, I wonder if they had a cemetery. If you think of anything else or have suggestions, please let me know. Thank you, Jeanne
Now this may be a bit too much for ya, but it looks like Nora married ES Frishkorn....hmm.....lets find some more....jgas