Bridge End Farm
Gold Member
Burdie said:I was hoping this thread would help me decide on an above average detector. Now I am more confused than ever. My criteria is it can't be to heavy for this old body. It needs to work in trashy areas and when I hunt in fields it needs to go 10 to 12 inches deep. I need an Id machine with three too four tones and last considering my age I would like to figure out how to use it before I can't get out any more. Is there really a machine out there like this?
Burdie
Hey Stan
You need to stop at a local shop and feel them out. Or stop by my place and go play with any of them.
You know I now have an Etrac now but haven't used it much yet to give you an educated answer
But I have found gold with it already in a place I have hunted with my SE and DFX. It is lighter
than both the SE and the DFX. I watched Juanmoretime use his Etrac while we were in Texas it really
performed well in his hands.
Personally I think it is the coil that gives you the depth and location. The bond that comes from using a machine gives you the wisdom of whats under the coil. The Etrac will use most of the coils I have already for the SE. Those FBS Coils are outstanding I think.
At first the SE drove me nuts being so well adapted to my DFX, but once I got it from staying with it. It went like silk, nice and smooth.
You already using the XT probably will not have the learning curve I needed.
But with electronics you are always almost going to have a better something coming out.

and those of that hunt regularly know you will find a truck load or two of it for a few coins or relics. One of the best features I have seen on the Etrac is I can pick up gold and silver in with the iron really well. It is the first machine I have really been playing with a test bed before I hit the road on sites and fields. It has helped me learn more on it quicker by the items I have buried in different places and depths. And it found gold
where I have been before with other machines so though it might of been I missed it before with a coil it helped my confidence in it and say the Etrac is a fine machine
Please tell me you live far from me as you are quickly depleting a non-renewable resource.
JJ







