What's new

Eagle 6 Lever Padlock

andrewt

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2015
Messages
79
Reaction score
179
Golden Thread
0
Location
Orange County NY
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know around what year this would have been used?


ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479959702.728925.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479959720.529089.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479959739.395733.webp
 
Upvote 18
Would have made a great lock for a trunk back in the olden days, likely was used for that.
 
searched.gif
Until someone pipes in - I searched Google and found Antique Six Lever Push Key Padlock Eagle on EBay right now!


s-l1600.webp​
This is a Eagle No Pin 6 Lever Push Key Padlock. It was made from 1870 to 1890. This lock is at least 126 years old. This lock was made by Eagle Lock Co. In Terryville Ct. It has a "Miller Number" of (60.0) This lock is listed in Don Stewart's 1992 "Round Six Lever Push Key Padlocks Book" 26 years ago starting at $80.00. This was locked when I got it. I picked it and made the key you see. The key is the wide Worlds Fair Key
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice lock, great looking artifact! H Digs
 
Long before you were born dude!laughing021 (1).gif Sorry...couldn't help myself.

GOD Bless

Chris
 
Man that is really cool, where did you come across that.
 
Very nice. I like the old Padlocks.
 
Congrats on a unique find!
 
Just based on the design and when the popularity of 5/6/7 lever locks peaked - ~1880's to 1890's. I've been fortunate enough to dig several and researched them. Never an Eagle brand, though.


Great find!
 
This is actually my second eagle lock ... This item was found in Woodbury NY ... Thanks everyone for the info
 
Great for a display case item Thanks for sharing it!!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom