What's new

Eagle belt buckle

woolshed

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2013
Messages
48
Reaction score
158
Golden Thread
0
Location
Victoria
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this today, a belt buckle with an Eagle on it. The buckle is made of Bronze and is heavy. The area that I was detecting dates 1850s - 1870s but has modern stuff mixed in with it. So is the buckle old or modern.???







I also found part of a buckle with a Rose on it.





And a small dress button.





Cheers, Woolshed.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 24
nice buckle. looks like us buckle but i am not sure
 
Sweet eagle buckle. Are you sure that it is made of steel? ?
Congrats
 
Hi, My mistake, bad light when I cleaned it up. It is solid brass / bronze. Thanks for your reply.
 
Congrats , a Great buckle . Hard to say how old ,,, on my list ........................... 8-)



CMD
 
award-trophy.webp
 
Beautiful buckle,congratulations. Sure looks American...was it at a place where Americans came over to work the gold fields? Sub 8-)
 
That is one nice tongue portion of a beautiful buckle. Looks like the rose motif was also a tongue of a different buckle that likewise was the tongue portion. I would be back lookin for the rest of them, the other halves.
 
The buckle is great, but like the rose also!!
 
Both are beautiful finds...Congratulations!
 
Thank you for your replies. Just a few questions. Is it American,? as Americans were at this site. ( gold fields ) and is the Eagle buckle the right size or has it been cut down. Photo of the back of the buckle.



Again, thank you for your replies. Cheers, Mick.
 
Congratulations on two beautiful belt plates. Very nice finds.
 
Buckle06.webp

Here it is.
American 1845-50
 
Last edited:
Appreciate the photo, thank you. Now I have a purpose in life,,, find the other half of the buckle.

Cheers, Woolshed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom