What's new

Eagle Button I.D. anyone ?

Prairie Prowler

Hero Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
556
Reaction score
370
Golden Thread
0
Location
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone give me any info. about what type of military button this is ?there is no back unfortunately.. I'm thinking Indian wars era.. Button was found near this 3 ring Mini..I'm a newbie at button ID's help appreciated..Thanks all
 

Attachments

  • Buttonfull.webp
    Buttonfull.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 337
  • button3side.webp
    button3side.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 330
  • buttongrup.webp
    buttongrup.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 318
  • Buttonfull.webp
    Buttonfull.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 330
  • button3side.webp
    button3side.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 332
  • buttonrful.webp
    buttonrful.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 310
  • buttongrup.webp
    buttongrup.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 324
I think you're right. Possibly officer's Indian War button. Cool find!
Mike
 
I have one just like it and mine is a staff officers coat button from the civil war. Mine was bent as well. Great find.
 
Not CW button...I'd say 1870-1890 Indian War button. I have never seen a eagle button with the flag shield used during the civil war. HH TomB
 
It is definately a union officers button from the civil war. The bullet I think is a sharpe's bullett, also same time period. I have seen hundreds of these buttons (i'm a civil war archaeologist). The button would have been guilded, and may still be if it cleaned properly.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom