Eagle button

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went to my same new place that I posted about last week and found a leftover. So far the 6 of these I have found in the last two years have been 4 like this one and 2 nice ones. The side affects of hunting plowed ground. Oh, but did save some history. I am beginning a new permission that is a thousand acres, but two thirds of it is mountains, boulders and low floodplasin. Must hurry as the four inch rain we had will bring in millions of mosquitos. Lots of it is plowed, but has short sparse weeds so it isn't bad hunting yet. Got up to 80 today. There was a big union camp over the gap so possibly there will be some small camps on this side. Turkey season ends in two weeks.:laughing7:
Eaglebutton.jpg
Thanks for looking.

Upvote 0
It's the same here, most of my buttons from farm land look like that. My best buttons have come from the woods. Good luck on the new site!

D.

Nice save. Sounds like you have lots of happy hunting days ahead of you.
God Speed,
Wrightdigger

Congrats on any civil war button found! I found about 40 last year and have only found 2 or 3 so far this year they just don't seem to be coming under the coil. Here in Va. the soil varies so greatly that one button might be well preserved and on the same plot a few yards away.... toast. Like Forrest Gump's chocolates I suppose.

You are right, those plowed fields for the most part eat up buttons. My spot in Virginia is a camp in the woods and they come out looking mostly good. I have hit a couple with the shovel, but, oh well. It's interesting how they do in the dirt, one button will be in pieces, another solid another has pinholes and if you look at it wrong it implodes, some turn out green, brown or black and all are found within 100 feet of each other. Go figure.

I must agree with all. These fields have been under ag for 150 years. I wonder if exposing them to the air being in top few inches of soil also accelerates oxidation. The worms attack. Anyway, my hope when the CSA button comes out. He will be shining like new. It is about time.

Nice find Bama... Congrats!!! "D"

Congrats on the new find.:thumbsup:

It's the same here, most of my buttons from farm land look like that. My best buttons have come from the woods. Good luck on the new site!

D.

"Ditto" '
A big advantage to woods hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back