What's new

Eagle hasp?

etdigger

Greenie
Joined
Dec 19, 2014
Messages
10
Reaction score
85
Golden Thread
0
Location
Idaho
Detector(s) used
E-trac GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need identification of relic.
Trying to find where it fits into the US military hardware. Found in a field with other military items.
 

Attachments

  • I war.webp
    I war.webp
    153.1 KB · Views: 183
  • I war milatary.webp
    I war milatary.webp
    83.3 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another site I was had posted it came back with a drum head tensioner
 

Attachments

  • Iwar.webp
    Iwar.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 333
That's a really cool relic
 
ET, Congrat's on one cool relic of the Eagle. That is one nice piece of CW History. This will display nicely and will be a great addition to your collection.
 
ET, Congrat's on one cool relic of the Eagle. That is one nice piece of CW History. This will display nicely and will be a great addition to your collection.
I agree. This is a fantastic find! Not something you see very often.
Maybe you can go back and find some more parts.
 
Very nice find , def, something I don't see to often or recognize .
&
Welcome to T-net.
 
Need identification of relic.
Trying to find where it fits into the US military hardware. Found in a field with other military items.

great find. this is a banjo part, but its not civil war era, these where manufactured during the last days of the 1860s up to around the late 1880s. they where extremely common on many banjos from the late 19th century. I play and research early banjo. the banjo was the most popular instrument at the time, so its not impossible that a civil war veteran may have revisited a nearby battlefield or skirmish site later after the war. I would say that the reason it was thrown out was because the hook is bent, making it unusable.
 
Last edited:
Great post and sleuthing job lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom