What's new

Eagle id needed

Mr. Magoo

Full Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2007
Messages
165
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
North carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When I found this today I thought it might have been a cuff button type even though it was larger than some I have found and the recessed area intrigued me. Getting home as I cleaned it in water the eagle came forth out of the mud and then the letters "Warranted" over the eagle and "Superior" below. Because it is recessed it has my curiosity. It appears to be brass or copper and the diameter is the same as a US penney and three quarters of an inch tall when sitting flat. I believe that by the shape of the eagle it would be around 1812 and pennies from 1911 and 1918 and an 1813 4-reales date it somewhat. Curious if it is indeed a "cuff button" of some sort or what? Thanks for the help.
 

Attachments

  • tn_eagle.webp
    tn_eagle.webp
    2.9 KB · Views: 167
  • tn_eagle1.webp
    tn_eagle1.webp
    2.6 KB · Views: 173
  • tn_eagle2.webp
    tn_eagle2.webp
    2.3 KB · Views: 187
  • tn_eagle3.webp
    tn_eagle3.webp
    2.1 KB · Views: 180
Here's a closer view of top. Hope this helps.
 

Attachments

  • eagle600.webp
    eagle600.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 0
It all appears to be the same metal content throughout-either brass and/or copper.
 
Upvote 0
Perhaps a Superior Saw handle screw.
 
Upvote 0
traderoftreasures said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Thats off an old handsaw.
please explain bch
. I havent located the exact one but Im pretty sure its a hand saw medallion. It goes on the wood handle.
 

Attachments

  • patents saw screw.webp
    patents saw screw.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 176
  • patents saw screw.webp
    patents saw screw.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 166
Upvote 0
here is a photo and info
 

Attachments

  • Picture 9.webp
    Picture 9.webp
    91.8 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 0
That's it exactly! Great id and I learned something in the discovery. Thanks!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom