What's new

Eagle with anchor flat button

diggerranger

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2016
Messages
393
Reaction score
862
Golden Thread
0
Location
VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this eagle 🦅 button today I was wondering if anyone could identify it for me.
I found several pictures on internet with broad date range late 1700’s to 1865.
Thank you for responding ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1531167164.280136.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1531167261.128770.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice button find. Congrats
 
Upvote 0
It is listed in Albert's and Tice's button books. Albert's doesn't date it but according to Tice, Marines wore this button during the 1830s
 
Upvote 0
I'm sending this button chart but I don't believe yours is in the chart. It may be older. CK it out.

[AT TACH=CONFIG]1610236[/ATTACH]

Sorry it isn't very clear.
 

Attachments

  • 1934e4031267b01ac9d03fa34bc55aa2.webp
    1934e4031267b01ac9d03fa34bc55aa2.webp
    181 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
12
Views
1K
Replies
15
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pewter eagle button
Replies
1
Views
507

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom