What's new

Earliest weapons-grade plutonium found in US dump

EDDE

Gold Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2004
Messages
7,135
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16447-earliest-weaponsgrade-plutonium-found-in-us-dump.html

An old glass jar inside a beaten up old safe at the bottom of a waste pit may seem an unlikely place to find a pivotal piece of 20th century history. But that's just where the first batch of weapons-grade plutonium ever made has been found - abandoned at the world's oldest nuclear processing site.
icon_smile_dead.gif

hanford7.jpg


check out the galley
http://www.newscientist.com/gallery/dn16447-hanford-site/
 
that would explain ....oh never mind someone would get angry. (yes iam baiting)
 
Interesting, I drive by that place often. The entire palce has a creepy "Darkness" to it.......hard to explain. Very very tight security there too. There are 2 ghost towns on the site. I have some pics somewhere, I'll see if I can find them.

Paul
 
That's nice to know ::) I'm surprised that the government hasn't moved it to clean this site up yet :icon_scratch:
 
Ron-In-Marysville said:
That's nice to know ::) I'm surprised that the government hasn't moved it to clean this site up yet :icon_scratch:

Thay have. It's one of the superfund sites. There is as much activity there now with the clean up, as there was during it's hay day.

Paul
 
All I need is enough to generate 121gigawatts of power. If anyone wants to go up there and help search, post here.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom