North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early 1900's House - 2nd Hunt - No "Civ", but got "Silv" **VIDEO**

Yesterday, I made it back over to the early 1900's house for my second hunt. The first 2-3" of dirt was still frozen solid in the shaded area. It made for sloooooooow digging. I found a nice variety of relics, and some silver too. :thumbsup:
I still have a lot of yard to cover on the side and in back of the house. I found a trash area which turned up some vintage brass pieces. The 1879 IH was a nice surprise and I wasn't expecting a coin that old in this yard. I did dig a mid-1800's flat button on the first hunt, so I'm hoping there may be a few 1800's silver coins to be found. :dontknow:

I could use some help on IDing a few items in the pictures too. Thanks

Here is a video for your viewing enjoyment.

I plan on going back for a third hunt on Sunday since it's supposed to be sunny and in the 50's. Ahhhhhh. :thumbsup:

Thanks for l@@king,
MM

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 206
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 206
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 202
Upvote 7
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the great hunt.

Thanks Steve. I know they are not real old coins like you guys find up North, but it was great to at least find a virgin yard. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
D, NICE haul today! I knew that yard was going to be promising, and as Karen would sing, 'you've only just begun.'

Your first 'what is it' looks like part of a antique gas lamp. The double hook is basically a late Victorian double hook, which could have been used as a double rod curtain holder, a sconce or even a double towel bar. The last pic is a repro towel bar, but the principle is the same. I'm not sure of the use of the 3-Wing hinge, but I think it is for reinforcement because of weight.

Neat finds :icon_thumright:
Breezie
VicHooks.jpg
Victorian-Double-Towel-Bar.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D, NICE haul today! I knew that yard was going to be promising, and as Karen would sing, 'you've only just begun.'

Your first 'what is it' looks like part of a antique gas lamp. The double hook is basically a late Victorian double hook, which could have been used as a double rod curtain holder, a sconce or even a double towel bar. The last pic is a repro towel bar, but the principle is the same. I'm not sure of the use of the 3-Wing hinge, but I think it is for reinforcement because of weight.

Neat finds :icon_thumright:
Breezie

Breezie,
As always, thank you for your help on IDing these things. They made some solid stuff back in the day. No plastic. :thumbsup: You know me, I'll incorporate some of these old relics into my rustic birdhouses. :laughing7:
Have a great weekend,
Dug

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good video, good finds, thanks for sharing. What's with the beans ad at the end of the video? Just thinking that you might be pushing the envelope with site rules, lol. Please refrain from using "Diggers" terminology on your threads, JMO, those guys make my skin crawl. (just kidding)
I take it your eye is getting better, hope you have a good hunt Sunday. Now that you hit those old Indians, I'm sure you could really hit those areas extra low and slow and find that Barber your looking for. Better yet I hope you find that Morgan!!!

Last edited:

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Quite a haul MM & I think you will get an old silver there. That Breezie is really good on identifying relics. Her experience in the antique business for many years really shows. Hope you can get out next week, Q.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Looks like you had a productive day. Take care of that eye.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good video, good finds, thanks for sharing. What's with the beans ad at the end of the video? Just thinking that you might be pushing the envelope with site rules, lol. Please refrain from using "Diggers" terminology on your threads, JMO, those guys make my skin crawl. (just kidding)
I take it your eye is getting better, hope you have a good hunt Sunday. Now that you hit those old Indians, I'm sure you could really hit those areas extra low and slow and find that Barber your looking for. Better yet I hope you find that Morgan!!!

Thanks TH. I did that commercial as a joke. I bought some old vintage "Snyder's" canned beans and tomato labels at an antique store years ago because my last name is Snyder. :tongue3: I was wondering when someone was going to comment on it. Did you notice the toilet paper roll background? :laughing7:
Sorry for the "Diggers" terms, I also did that as a joke. Those two guys are ridiculous. They run a close second behind the Big Foot series.

As far as my eye, it's not good. Very blurry and my vision is at a 30 degree tilt. Very tough to deal with. Next stop is Duke to hopefully get it right. :dontknow:

If I ever find a Morgan that would be a dream come true. Not Captain Morgan either. :tongue3:
Thanks for looking,
MM

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a haul MM & I think you will get an old silver there. That Breezie is really good on identifying relics. Her experience in the antique business for many years really shows. Hope you can get out next week, Q.

Thanks Q. More silver would be great. I was pretty bummed out when I found out the gold ring was only plated. :BangHead: I am glad to have a virgin yard that is turning up silver and old coins and relics though. Should keep me busy for a while. :thumbsup:
Breezie has been a great help to a lot of us here on Tnet. She really knows her stuff.

Your red headed step-child,
DUHg

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a productive day. Take care of that eye.

Thanks D. I think I may be looking at pirate eye patches soon. :tongue3: Does Quindy have a parrot I could borrow?
Good luck on your next trip out. :thumbsup:
-Doug 2-

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eye.jpg Dug you need a seeing eye dog let me know . The curly looking brass looks like reign guides from olden buckboard wagon day's .

Chung King Dynasty heh heh :laughing9: !

Confucius say ;

Duck who fly upside down have quack-up

dawg

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug you need a seeing eye dog let me know . The curly looking brass looks like reign guides from olden buckboard wagon day's .
Chung King Dynasty heh heh :laughing9: !

Confucius say ;

Duck who fly upside down have quack-up

dawg

LMAO! Dawg, you are a true nutcase. :laughing7: I forgot about Snake Pliskin. That would be a good look for me.
I hope you are doing well buddy.
-Dug Dog-

Attachments

• Eye eye.jpg
    Eye eye.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 152

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs, MM. Congrats on the relics and coins. :thumbsup: I always like finding the war nickels. Good luck on a return hunt when it warms up. :icon_thumleft:

HH

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the nice video.
Although you did not ask .. I think your brass washer thing with the glass insert is the eye piece off of an old monocular
$(KGrHqRHJFEFGkKjEcpVBR)sUplUdg~~60_57.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions