What's new

Early automobile. What is it.

jnkhntr

Full Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2009
Messages
239
Reaction score
80
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Florida
Lots of question Any answers
The winged O symbol?
The auto itself? etc etc etc Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • aaaaa.webp
    aaaaa.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 379
  • aaaaa1.webp
    aaaaa1.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 343
cool gentlemans watch fob.

I dont know what it signifies but here is a flying wheel on the back of a watch.
 

Attachments

  • flying wheel watch.webp
    flying wheel watch.webp
    72.5 KB · Views: 366
Upvote 0
It is of course a watch fob. The 'O' is actually a wheel with spokes. This same symbol was used by the Brit Army as a driver's badge in the 1930's. Woman is dress for outdoors, probably also for motoring. Car is just the most obvious symbol for driving.

So, fob with automotive/driving imagery.
 
Upvote 0
More of the same type of imagery...

driving gauntlets and wrenches, auto headlamp, guy dressed for driving.

If I was going to take a wild guess I would say a nostalgia piece from the 1930's - 50's? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
The car looks to be an early Morgan, and Morgan's logo has 2 wings, but not quite like yours. I think the logos on your fob are generic. Nice find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom