What's new

Early Christmas package

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
3,005
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some really nice and generous people on this forum and I can't say enough how lucky and grateful I am to know you all. Jon Stewart noticed how much I am interested in and love Native American pottery and generously shared some with me that he and his wife have found. Not only that, sent me all of the wonderful items pictured below. Jon, the projectile point poster is awesome, I can now see really well the different point types and hoping I will find some of them in my creek searches someday. The pottery will have me speculating for months on how it was made, the two worked pieces are fascinating, love the mano/grinding stone, the petrified wood is too cool, the blade you knapped is beautiful and my Grandson and I are fighting over it :laughing7: and last but not least the pictures with descriptions are amazing and my Grandson and I discussed them at length last night, especially the ones with the petroglyphs. I can't thank you enough for your generosity.

All from JS.webp
 
Upvote 0
That is awesome. Jon is a great guy as are lots of others on this forum.
 
Arrowheads and pottery! Can't beat that for a gift.
 
Wish I had time to piece all of the pottery that I have back together,
If you make it to Charlotte some time let me know I will be glad to share.
I can't seam to figure out how to model it on some kind of a form.
Every time I go back to the site I get more of pieces that fit with what I have already found.
 
Very nice. Nice gifts, nice people.
 
Nice poster did he say where he got it from? Nice gifts to.
 
Nice poster did he say where he got it from? Nice gifts to.

That is a poster that DC Waldorf and his wife Valerie did called Story In Stone. You can google search for it and you will find a supplier. I have one that Valerie signed for me over 25 years ago. She did all the art work DC did all the chipping.
 
Nice gifts no doubt !!!!!!!!!!! That Jon is a good man:thumbsup:
 
What a great gift. Enjoy your new toys!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom