What's new

early copper coin/token

dandan

Full Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2006
Messages
196
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
we've looked around but cant find any thing ab out this. Anybody recognize it?
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1130.webp
    DSCN1130.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCN1128.webp
    DSCN1128.webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 253
That is the famous Turtle & Jack A$$ political/hard time token of 1837 (I think that is the date)
 
Upvote 0
Creskol is correct! It's the same size as a large cent and is a token used as a cent. Google Hard Times Tokens and you'll see it. I just found the same one this summer in MA! It's a reference to Andy Jackson and the president that followed him and their fiscal policies that supposedly created the hard times. It says something like "I follow in the footsteps of my illustrious predecessor." The strongbox on top of the tortoise says "Federal Reserve". Great find!
 
Upvote 0
I knew it wouldn't take long but damn thats fast. I couldnt find anything! Thanks to all.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom