What's new

Early dog tax tag

toasted

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
14,368
Golden Thread
5
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this the other day at a site that should be rich in finds going all the way back to colonial times but seems to have been hit before as signals are few. I first thought it was from 1879 before I cleaned it and knew the 19th century ones were rare. The 1921 date is weird because I found a partial one of the same date at another location. Don't know how often everyone digs these as I don't see them posted often. I like it though.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    221.7 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 36
Nice old tag there! :thumbsup:
 
I'm figuring the 1879 is the tag number and 1921 was the year of issue.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
That's a really cool tag! It's funny when I look at the picture before I blow it up has the shape of a railroad lock LOL
 
Congrats, that's way older than my oldest.
 
I like digging those older dog tax tags. If you want to give it a try, drop it in a little cup of virgin olive oil. That's what I do with mine, & I like the results.
 
I like digging those older dog tax tags. If you want to give it a try, drop it in a little cup of virgin olive oil. That's what I do with mine, & I like the results.
What happens when you do?
 
nice 21 tag...I like it !!
 
Nice recovery
 
YEAH ~ that is COOL!!!

is that Kent Co. Maryland?

I have the newest edition of Dr. William Bones book US DOG LICENSE TAGS . . . . . . it has 1921 listed as the oldest known dog tax tags from Kent Co. Maryland.

Neil
 
I got 5 old dog tags my oldest one 1911, dog tags are awesome finds, yours is in very nice shape congrats...
 
Nice looking dog tag!

aj
 
I like Digging those old dog tax licenses... Good job
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom