What's new

Early silver,copper and presious stone day!

pigeonman

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
255
Reaction score
605
Golden Thread
0
Location
Salem NJ
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
went to a local field not far from where I recently moved to and started to see bits of brick and broken pieces of decorated plate scattered thru out,not long after getting there I get a solid 81 on my T2.up pops a small silver coin and after clearing off dirt was glad to see a 1837 half dime in super condition. next was a eye find,i saw something pink in the dirt so I picked it up and notice it was a very old gemstone with a hole drill thru it so its possibly from a very early necklace.the next find I have never seen this type of coinage,very strange markings,is it a piece of pirate coinage from the 1600's? also found a couple of arrowheads too.the river runs along this field and Indians and colonists populated this area. the field is being planted tomorrow so this area will have to wait until the fall again but what a great way to end my time there.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7141.webp
    IMG_7141.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_7142.webp
    IMG_7142.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_7137.webp
    IMG_7137.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_7133.webp
    IMG_7133.webp
    8.6 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_7121_00.webp
    IMG_7121_00.webp
    9 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_7118.webp
    IMG_7118.webp
    9.4 KB · Views: 514
Upvote 38
Being a no stars seated that is a special seated dime. I'm pretty sure they made two varieties that year.....a large date, and a small date. Even with light damage it is very desirable. Great finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom