invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received a call from a friend earlier this week saying a guest had lost one of her earrings while shooting clay pigeons w/ a shotgun. Shortly after arriving she went over where she was the day she lost it and what she was doing. She showed me the matching earring and it was marked 925 for sterling silver. Using the 10" DD I went over that area and a lot more in both north/south & east/west directions. Because I wasn't getting any signals consistent with sterling silver jewelry I asked her to put the earring and a modern quarter on the gravel d/w. To my surprise the earring behaved more like aluminum that silver (i.e. the 7.5 KHz signal was dominant on both the polar plot & spectragraph). With this knowledge I decided to pay attention to aluminum-like signals. As a result - I dug a lot of aluminum cans. Meanwhile the lady who lost the earring left. After still not finding the earring I began to detect part of the soybean field as that is where she said they picked up unbroken clay pigeons. After not finding the earring I was heading back to my car when the property owner showed me again where his guest was shooting from and where she walked to afterwards. I said I'd give it one last try - and FOUND the EARRING. He appears in the picture w/ me and the earring - which will be returned to its rightful owner. Happy endings, sometimes we all need one!

Attachments

• Earring.jpg
    Earring.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 105

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received a call from a friend earlier this week saying a guest had lost one of her earrings while shooting clay pigeons w/ a shotgun. Shortly after arriving she went over where she was the day she lost it and what she was doing. She showed me the matching earring and it was marked 925 for sterling silver. Using the 10" DD I went over that area and a lot more in both north/south & east/west directions. Because I wasn't getting any signals consistent with sterling silver jewelry I asked her to put the earring and a modern quarter on the gravel d/w. To my surprise the earring behaved more like aluminum that silver (i.e. the 7.5 KHz signal was dominant on both the polar plot & spectragraph). With this knowledge I decided to pay attention to aluminum-like signals. As a result - I dug a lot of aluminum cans. Meanwhile the lady who lost the earring left. After still not finding the earring I began to detect part of the soybean field as that is where she said they picked up unbroken clay pigeons. After not finding the earring I was heading back to my car when the property owner showed me again where his guest was shooting from and where she walked to afterwards. I said I'd give it one last try - and FOUND the EARRING. He appears in the picture w/ me and the earring - which will be returned to its rightful owner. Happy endings, sometimes we all need one!
Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, way to go!

Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!

Persistence pays. Congratulations on a job well done that deserves my vote for horoable mention.

Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Way to stick with it, invent4hir! Agree to an honorable mention vote.
All, thanks for the likes, kind words, and votes for Honorable Mention. When I got home I showed my teenage granddaughter and her boyfriend the attached picture and reminded them to do the right thing even when no one is looking. What better way than to lead by example.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome return! Congrats!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE JOB :) THANKS FOR SHARING WITH US

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread