against the wind
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Jul 27, 2015
- Messages
- 24,896
- Reaction score
- 24,983
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
- Detector(s) used
- E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I took a ride down to Ocean City on Friday. My good buddy and Treasure Hunting partner, "diggin brains" had decided back in February to give the ECRDA hunt a try. This was my first seeded hunt, so I was really looking forward to it. The weapons of choice, that we both agreed would be appropriate were the XP DEUS, and the Excalibur.
The forecast for the weekend wasn't pretty and for once the weatherman was right. (Unfortunately) On both Saturday and Sunday, we hunted in a misty rain with chilly winds. I ended up using the DEUS, with the remote in my pocket and my hood over the headphones. It was basically a beep and dig operation. The beach hunt area was seeded with Wheat Pennies, Buffalo Nickels, Tokens, and special numbered or punched Wheat pennies.
There was 2 hunts on Saturday and again on Sunday. Each hunt lasted about a half hour. There was also a special Gold Hunt on each day. Those hunts lasted about 15 minutes each. That's approximately a total of 2 1/2 hours of hunting time. The remaining time was filled in with registration, breakfast, lunch, raffles, and socializing. I met some really cool people. I was impressed with the dedication of the club members and the outstanding effort they put forth to make this hunt an outstanding event.
One activity that really moved me was the "Kid's Hunt" I took a few pictures of that hunt that shows how the club volunteers reached out to the kids in helping them detect. I also had to get a picture of the First Place winner who picked a Bicycle as his prize. All of the kids got a nice gift, which included choices like detectors, and lots of toys. It was a little like Christmas and seeing all the smiles on those faces was really cool.
My finds for the weekend totaled 110 Regular Wheat Pennies, 12 Buffalo Nickels, 7 Punched Wheat Pennies, and 3 Special Tokens.
The 7 Punched Wheat Pennies were exchanged for 3 Canadian Silver Dollars, 2 Silver Commemorative Washington Half Dollars,
a 1911 Barber Half Dollar, and a .925 Silver Ring. The 3 Special Tokens were exchanged for 3 one ounce Copper Rounds and 3 entry tickets for a Gold Coin Drawing. I didn't win any of the drawings but I had a great time.
Would I go to another ECRDA activity?? You Betcha.
The Kid's hunt and first prize winner,, what a happy young fellow


The gloomy weather couldn't stop us. John & Peggy K,,, 47 years of Marital Bliss


Some of the finds and Prizes




The forecast for the weekend wasn't pretty and for once the weatherman was right. (Unfortunately) On both Saturday and Sunday, we hunted in a misty rain with chilly winds. I ended up using the DEUS, with the remote in my pocket and my hood over the headphones. It was basically a beep and dig operation. The beach hunt area was seeded with Wheat Pennies, Buffalo Nickels, Tokens, and special numbered or punched Wheat pennies.
There was 2 hunts on Saturday and again on Sunday. Each hunt lasted about a half hour. There was also a special Gold Hunt on each day. Those hunts lasted about 15 minutes each. That's approximately a total of 2 1/2 hours of hunting time. The remaining time was filled in with registration, breakfast, lunch, raffles, and socializing. I met some really cool people. I was impressed with the dedication of the club members and the outstanding effort they put forth to make this hunt an outstanding event.
One activity that really moved me was the "Kid's Hunt" I took a few pictures of that hunt that shows how the club volunteers reached out to the kids in helping them detect. I also had to get a picture of the First Place winner who picked a Bicycle as his prize. All of the kids got a nice gift, which included choices like detectors, and lots of toys. It was a little like Christmas and seeing all the smiles on those faces was really cool.
My finds for the weekend totaled 110 Regular Wheat Pennies, 12 Buffalo Nickels, 7 Punched Wheat Pennies, and 3 Special Tokens.
The 7 Punched Wheat Pennies were exchanged for 3 Canadian Silver Dollars, 2 Silver Commemorative Washington Half Dollars,
a 1911 Barber Half Dollar, and a .925 Silver Ring. The 3 Special Tokens were exchanged for 3 one ounce Copper Rounds and 3 entry tickets for a Gold Coin Drawing. I didn't win any of the drawings but I had a great time.
Would I go to another ECRDA activity?? You Betcha.
The Kid's hunt and first prize winner,, what a happy young fellow


The gloomy weather couldn't stop us. John & Peggy K,,, 47 years of Marital Bliss


Some of the finds and Prizes




Last edited:
Upvote
20







