Greenie
May 1, 2013
Redmond, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett Pro Pointer, White's QXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings from Eastern Oregon!

I've been exploring the desert country (basically everything south and east of Bend, Oregon) for most of my life. I have located so many interesting historic sites. There is a lot of history in this country. Everything from homesteads, homestead era townsites, moonshine still sites, indian sites, military sites, battles, camps, forts, you name it.

Most of the time I've just spent exploring but recently (on a whim) I got a White's qxt metal detector and made my first trip with it in the last two weeks. A friend and I spent a couple hours detecting the site of a turn of the century indian/military skirmish on the ranch of a family I know. We found a few large caliber rimfire shell casings, a brass coat button, one perfect arrowhead, and a couple of broken points. It wasn't much but it was an amazing experience for me to have knowledge of a cool historic event, and then actually uncover some evidence of what may have happened at the site.

Needless to say...I'm hooked! I'm looking forward to learning more about relic hunting, and hopefully even meet another likeminded person or two in my area that might be interested in teaming up for some desert country exploring and searching with me.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA)!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Oregon for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
B

backup1911

Greenie
May 1, 2013
Redmond, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll give that a look. Thanks for the tip.

OP
OP
B

backup1911

Greenie
May 1, 2013
Redmond, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome! The desert here is warming up and drying up so I'll be heading out every weekend I can. Always open for connecting with anyone in my area too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread