Easy Come, Easy Go Pt.2

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Finally found the homeowner home today and was able to get her the shadowbox that I made for her. She was quite surprised that I had returned with the 1895 Injun that she clutched so hard when we originally found it. She was such a sweet lady she even invited me in to see the old woodwork in the 1881 home. I could just imagine being back in the 1800's and sitting in the formal dining room. What a place!

She was so happy that we had returned with the Injun and the other wheaties and pictures of her place that she even thought of getting ahold of the local papers and see about getting some publicity so that we could hunt all the surrounding farms and homesteads. I spoke to her about the Privy dig too and she said that we were more than welcome to come out and do that too, even if it is next year. She laughed and said "Don't worry, it will be there after winter too."

I won't forget about that treasure hunt that's for sure. It sure was great to hunt a place where the owner appreciated the things that we (detectorists) do. I am sure she will spread the word around the area and we will get our foot in the door at the farms all over the area now. She even let us take a picture of her with her new found treasure. Good luck with all your future hunts and some times when it's Easy Come, Easy Go..we will all share in the treasures we find. Thanks for looking HH........Jgas

Attachments

• 331 Lady.JPG
    331 Lady.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 667
Upvote 0
Man, that's what this hobby is all about!! Happy landowners, Happy Hunters!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

She looks like a very nice lady, and has probably not seen this type of generosity very often, but welcomes it with open arms.

Jgas, you're definitely an Ambassador to our Hobby!! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Way to go jgas.

I believe the 5/15ths rule applies here. If you do something well, she will tell 5 of her friends and you may get your foot in the door at their places. If you had done something bad, i.e. left backhoe sized divots in her lawn, she would have told 15 of her nearest and dearest.

Thanks for being a great ambassador.

J~

What a nice gesture on your part. I bet she will remember you forever. She has something to show and discuss with her friends. It sure looks like she was happy! Thanks for being a great good will ambassador for those of us in the addictive hobby.

Bob

That is exactly why sometimes it is no big deal to give up the finds to a property owner.
Make them happy, and they can possibly lead to permission from other folks less concerned over keeping YOUR finds.

Way to go!
;D

I'm sure she will treasure that. Look how happy she is!
As nice for her as it was painful for you, giving up those coins. It will probably be a great thing. Every land owner will ask you to come out and hunt, so they can keep the best coins. LOL. I'm sure they won't ALL want to keep them.

Hey, maybe she would let you come back out there to hunt Snipe!

Really is a nice gesture.

HH
Mark

That is a really great post, and the woman looks thrilled. She now has a nice story to spread.

on another note if I am not mistaken that is asbestos siding on her house. The house I grew up in had it up until about 10years ago when my dad replaced it. Ours was pepto pink. It makes the detectors go wacky also.

Way to go thanks for the representation. I did something the same I meet these people who owned a farm on the edge of a battle field I asked to dig and they said no. I seen them a few times more and after researching there land I was able to tell them the troop movements through there land and got them interested and finally aftera few months said yes. I made a case of some bullets and shell frags for them. Now I have full access any time day or night even camp out. they now are going to go talk to the farmer down the road see if they mind if I hunt there to and give a good word for me and that they can trust me. kindness pays off and treating there land as it is your will go along way.

Hutch

What can I say that has not been said by all those post which proceed me............I concur with everybody.

That was a great thing to do........HH.........gregd573

J gas , You are the man !!! That display you made is beautiful, and your generosity will come back to

you countless times . This is such a good example - I can learn how to be a better giver from you,

Thank You ! Argentium.

That was a super nice gesture on your part "jgas". That lady looks thrilled and
you did a beautiful job. Thanks for making us folks and are hobby look
professional and thoughtful. (blklab) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back