Ebay $4 max shipping. How to get around it. Also default settings stink.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
I want to list a lot of 15 Records and I cant post it because it wont let me charge more than $4. How am I able to get around this?

Also when listing items now, everything is on default settings for past sales, I find this super annoying. How do I get it back to the way it was where I enter what I choose? I hate default shipping and default returns ETC. I hate it.

Offer free shipping and factor in the actual cost for shipping into the total cost.
Thanks that will work also. Is there a way to get rid of default settings for shipping returns etc? When I list something shipping is now default with long number for past items. Annoying

Use calculated shipping, since I assume you are sending the records media mail. $4.00 shipping for media mail is only if you choose flat-rate shipping for an item in media mail. If you choose calculated shipping, the cost will be the same to all buyers in the United States, but just weight based, not a flat rate.

I put a group of 25 magazines on the bay today. eBay would only let me charge 4.00 shipping. eBay says it is based on average sales in this category. I'm thinking it is based on single magazine sales which would be about $3 for first class. 25 mags are heavy. And you can't send them media mail by law. I just did calculated and chose priority medium flat rate. It holds average magazines perfectly and I get to charge the 12.00 that it actually costs.

I HATE THE NEW EBAY SHIPPING SET UP!!!!!! Oh man it is so annoying. I sell many diffferent things, prices, method, places i will ship to change item to item. OMG I hate how Ebay changed it

For your magazines try USPS Bound Printed Matter. I haven't shipped magazines for about 10 years but that's the way it used to be done. About the same cost as media mail.

My first eBay sale was like that. Had a flat rate default selected. I had a buyer today I was talking to did the same thing his first sale. You can select your own shipping methods with mobile just click the tab that has flat rate or whatever and select calculated and enter the info. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back