Another.hole

Greenie
Aug 28, 2012
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, E-Trac, Nautilus, Quatro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So I have been kicking around the idea that I might want a Garrett ATX Deepseeker. I am shooting a few beaches here in Miami with a couple of guys. They do not use the Garrett.

I jump on Ebay just to see if any used equipment is out there and I see CRACKHEAD Postings for machines with no warranties, with starting bids of $1800 and one for $2400.

There is places with Military Discounts that give you 10% and 15% off the new kits.

I have been out of the game for awhile, but are people really paying that much for used equipment that has no warranty?

Just curious if I am the only one laughing at this?

1633296124939.png

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have been kicking around the idea that I might want a Garrett ATX Deepseeker. I am shooting a few beaches here in Miami with a couple of guys. They do not use the Garrett.

I jump on Ebay just to see if any used equipment is out there and I see CRACKHEAD Postings for machines with no warranties, with starting bids of $1800 and one for $2400.

There is places with Military Discounts that give you 10% and 15% off the new kits.

I have been out of the game for awhile, but are people really paying that much for used equipment that has no warranty?

Just curious if I am the only one laughing at this?

View attachment 1983330
Yes those are the going prices. $787 for a Garrett ATX will most likely go up, reserve not met..

I have ML excals that are over 10 years old that I wouldn't sell for less than $900, granted they are modified with pp mod and long shafts but still people pay what I want or I don't sell it.

OP
OP
Another.hole

Another.hole

Greenie
Aug 28, 2012
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, E-Trac, Nautilus, Quatro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes those are the going prices. $787 for a Garrett ATX will most likely go up, reserve not met..

I have ML excals that are over 10 years old that I wouldn't sell for less than $900, granted they are modified with pp mod and long shafts but still people pay what I want or I don't sell it.
I bid 900 and was ready to go to 1200 but the guy wants 2400. I just cant do that with a person I dont know and a machine I cant touch. I will probably just have to get one new. Wish you could rent the things and see what its like ahead of time.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bid 900 and was ready to go to 1200 but the guy wants 2400. I just cant do that with a person I dont know and a machine I cant touch. I will probably just have to get one new. Wish you could rent the things and see what its like ahead of time.
Totally understand, there is a line where the value of buying used vs buying new meets. He says slight used, but how slightly and how much left to warranty.

It is being sold by serious_detecting a detector store.

Last edited:

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems high, I kept my ATX less than a month (a few years back) way too heavy, hope you have arms like the Rock, to sing that all day.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some used detectors still bring in the dollars, but I dont know that the one you are looking at is realistic, as far as the money they want. (post edit by mod, only charter members can sell)

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread