eco-friendly makeover

OP
OP
jersey

jersey

Jun 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pulled a plastic clorox bottle out of the ground out back.
it is all busted up but the lid looks aluminum , although it's a little dented up i will try to save it for my old brown glass clorox bottle

OP
OP
jersey

jersey

Jun 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rsz_20220518_195604.jpg

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,m not big on change just for change,I don,t especially like this one. If the recycling business would decide to pay folks to recycle all materials that can recycle instead of expecting them to just hand it over for free there wouldn,t be much stuff like glass or plastic out there.Folks would pick it up and recycle it for a few bucks. If you can,t get folks to bring stuff in for recycle,how do you expect folks to hand over these new fangled containers? Most will still go in the trash just like now. Maybe a good idea,but piss poor execution.Sounds more like a feel good for Heinz.

OP
OP
jersey

jersey

Jun 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,m not big on change just for change,I don,t especially like this one. If the recycling business would decide to pay folks to recycle all materials that can recycle instead of expecting them to just hand it over for free there wouldn,t be much stuff like glass or plastic out there.Folks would pick it up and recycle it for a few bucks. If you can,t get folks to bring stuff in for recycle,how do you expect folks to hand over these new fangled containers? Most will still go in the trash just like now. Maybe a good idea,but piss poor execution.Sounds more like a feel good for

I,m not big on change just for change,I don,t especially like this one. If the recycling business would decide to pay folks to recycle all materials that can recycle instead of expecting them to just hand it over for free there wouldn,t be much stuff like glass or plastic out there.Folks would pick it up and recycle it for a few bucks. If you can,t get folks to bring stuff in for recycle,how do you expect folks to hand over these new fangled containers? Most will still go in the trash just like now. Maybe a good idea,but piss poor execution.Sounds more like a feel good for Heinz.for

I,m not big on change just for change,I don,t especially like this one. If the recycling business would decide to pay folks to recycle all materials that can recycle instead of expecting them to just hand it over for free there wouldn,t be much stuff like glass or plastic out there.Folks would pick it up and recycle it for a few bucks. If you can,t get folks to bring stuff in for recycle,how do you expect folks to hand over these new fangled containers? Most will still go in the trash just like now. Maybe a good idea,but piss poor execution.Sounds more like a feel good for Heinz.
I don't like two hundred pounds plastic in wale stomach that killed him. not cool at all. the bird seen trying to feed its young a toothbrush . very bad. The turtles confusing plastic bags with their natural diet of jelly fish. I don't say I want money for recycling. I pick it up at the river all the time for free. Sometimes I have to go out of my way to help. But that's okay.
I like clean water. Not poluted with straight up plastic any kind of trash. I like clean air. I would help Mother Earth and the innocent animals the best I could , not just in it for the dollars. When I was a kid I used to collect those money back soda bottles in the bushes . Sure it was nice to get five cents each. But at the time I didn't know the big picture. But there comes a time when money isn't everything , when you can help when you can, and place in recycling bin. Try to make the world a better place for the now and future.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all seriousness,stuff like this,while commendable and ingenious does not solve the main problem,trash in the rivers,lakes and scattered across the landscape. In the most remote,inhospitiable places on earth you can find those damn plastic water bottles. About the only solution is to place a return deposit on every container,regardless of material.It doesn,t have to be exorbitant,but enough to motivate people to gather them up and return them to collect that deposit. Ban the use of styrofoam as everyday containers,make them from paper,put the deposit on them and recycle them as paper containers when people return them to claim the deposit.All the volunteers in the world can,t collect enough trash to make a dent in the problem as long as the trash is continually redeposited because there,s no economic incentive not to.Like it or not,offend someone,s sensibilities or not,people will collect trash and turn it in to a central point if there,s money in it. Consider how many plastic gallon milk jugs are used every year as a reference,most all of those go into a landfill or thrown to the winds or waters. It can be done,don,t come up with reasons it can,t.Give me some solutions as to how it can.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you,re referring to all the crap in the oceans,most of that is determined to be from Asia or Japan,or their vessels.I,m talking about the interior United States.That,s where I live,that,s my main concern.Cleaning up the oceans,while a notable gig has little to do with the problems that affect me on a day to day basis as concerns trash in the environment. You,re talking Macro,I,m talking Micro. Granted,ocean cleanup gets the TV and Facebook play,but little concerning the Inland Rivers and Lakes.

OP
OP
jersey

jersey

Jun 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upcycling, also known as creative reuse, is the process of transforming by-products, waste materials, useless, or unwanted products into new materials or products perceived to be of greater quality, such as artistic value or environmental value.

OP
OP
jersey

jersey

Jun 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply put, micro refers to small things and macro refers to big things. Each of these terms appears in a wide variety of contexts and refers to a vast number of concepts, but if you remember this simple rule, you will generally be able to remember which is which.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upcycling, also known as creative reuse, is the process of transforming by-products, waste materials, useless, or unwanted products into new materials or products perceived to be of greater quality, such as artistic value or environmental value.
I have absolutely no problem with that, my point is to keep the materials out of the Rivers,lakes,Lands and yes Oceans in the first place.To do that,you have to give people some incentive other than artistic or environmental value to not simply dispose of those items. Your average American understands a direct economic benefit in turning in empty containers for refund of a deposit they,ve paid on that container. Again, no diss meant to your post.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply put, micro refers to small things and macro refers to big things. Each of these terms appears in a wide variety of contexts and refers to a vast number of concepts, but if you remember this simple rule, you will generally be able to remember which is which.
Don,t need you to explain the difference.This may be Arkansas,but we,re not as stupid as folks think we are.it,s just a myth we allow to be continued so folks who think they,re putting it to us don,t realize we,re putting it to them while they,re not looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread