What's new

EDGEWOOD PARK SHAMOKIN

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,950
Reaction score
76,426
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PA SHAMOKIN OAK LAWN EDGEWOOD PARK 1907
 

Attachments

  • 34991.webp
    34991.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 5,462
You been hiding these or what? :) Divided back era-1907-1915
 
Only Posting Leads for others.

Keeping My private Leads under My Pillow :P
 
Edgewood Park sat in the present location of the Shamokin Area Football Stadium and around that area. It had several rides and most notably a small lake. The lake was a big feature with boats. At the time of the Park, (for a while) it had trolley service going to it. The Lake/pond was filled in at a later time.
From what little I have been told, and some of the photos (both regular and panoramic).
~Z~
 
Jeff, just saw this pic you posted. House still exists and land surrounding it. Played "fumble" (a football game) on the grounds there when I was a kid growing up. Originally owned by a rich gentleman named Kulp ( who was a bigshot affiliated with Edgewood Park) hence the name given to the town of Kulpmont. Now owned by a good friend of mine...............Rich
 

Attachments

  • Edgwood Park.webp
    Edgwood Park.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,284
Very cool...........As a matter of fact, he took me on a tour of the house. Breathtaking :), amazing :) Those houses where made to last. Has original furnishings inside. Exterrior needs work though, but what house doesn't...........Rich
 
zeawolf said:
Edgewood Park sat in the present location of the Shamokin Area Football Stadium and around that area. It had several rides and most notably a small lake. The lake was a big feature with boats. At the time of the Park, (for a while) it had trolley service going to it. The Lake/pond was filled in at a later time.
From what little I have been told, and some of the photos (both regular and panoramic).
~Z~

Hey Z................just to add to the story a little if I may.

I lived approx. 4 to 5 city blocks from Edgewood Park. I grew up fishing at Edgewood Lake, went swimming at Edgewood swimming pool, and visited Edgewood park on many occassions. I was out there almost everyday until they demolished Edgewood Park, pool, & lake in the early 60's. I was approximately 14 then but remember it sharply. NO remains of the lake, swimming pool, or park are visible to anyone............except to those who grew up there.

I have detected some outlying edges (woods)of the park, lake, pool with some very limited success................a few barber dimes, indianhead cents, wheat cents, and some silver, but the finds are scarce and scattered.......Rich

PS: The area is now a housing developement called Edgewood Gardens, but just think of all the silver thats buried under those houses and roads...........Rich
 
There is absolutely NO WAY your friend currently lives here; this was 1 of 2 Kulp mansions and was known as Oak Lawn but it was demolished in the 1970s after it fell into disrepair. The other kulp mansion still stands and is at the corner of 11th and Chestnut St in kulpmont
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom